Something Evil's Lurking In The Dark

And it is September's new stamp of the month Thriller!   Create some FUN Halloween party invitations and cards with this stamp.  I have to admit, when I first saw this stamp I wasn't sure how to use it.  After some trial and error I finally created a "thrilling" clear card!  For my clear card below, I used the paper from the new Hooligan's paper pack.  This is such a fun paper pack!  I stamped the vampire image onto Lagoon card stock with Versamark ink and then heat embossed Black embossing powder onto it.  Note: Heat embossing does not work directly on the clear card unless you are going for rippling warped affect.  (part of my trial and error)  I added a knotted ribbon from the new Mini-Medley Accents - Sunset collection.  When you open the card, you will see "Scary Halloween to You!" hidden underneath the vampire.


For my second card, I used the Wishes - Pieced Together pattern for this 6x6 card.  Again, using Hooligans paper, I stamped the skull on white card stock and then again on the Gypsy B&T.  I cut out the heart from the Gypsy stamped image and glued it to the skull on the white card stock.  The ribbon, button brads and tag are all from the Mini Medley Accents Sunset Collection.

When I was finished playing with this Thriller stamp, I began to clean up the mess I had created.  My daughter, Kayli, came in to ask me a question and she spotted the stamp set laying there on the table.   She said "Oh that makes me think of Ed Hardy".  For those that have not heard of Ed Hardy, this is fashion design created by Christian Audigier.   He once dreamed of being a rock star but he couldn't really sing, so he began designing clothes that have a Rock Star flair.  Kayli really likes his perfume more than his clothing designs.  ANYWAY, after she said my stamp set reminded her of Ed Hardy I knew my work with this stamp set as not done!  All day I kept thinking I needed to create something "Ed Hardy" style.    So as soon as I got home from work I sat down to put my ideas to paper.   Here is what I came up with...
I used textured card stock in the colors of Ocean, Watermelon and Citrus Leaf.  (All of these colors are retiring at December 31)  I stamped the Skull onto the Ocean and trimmed it close to the swirls.   Next, I random stamped the bat and crown onto the Watermelon card stock.  I stamped these very close together.   On the Citrus Leaf piece of card stock I stamped the outer edge of the skull all along the edges with the top of the skull toward the center.  When I layered the pieces you cannot see the skull.  To give it some "rock star" bling, I added some of the new sparkles from our new Sparkles collections.   Then I added a "Happy Birthday" tag. 
The card stayed around for 2 days.  My daughter gave it to her friend for her birthday.  I guess it looked "Ed Hardy" enough for a 15 year old! 

This stamp is ONLY available until September 30.  
Check out my website for ways to get it at a discount or FREE!

I hope you enjoyed my creations with the Thriller stamp set.  If you want to see more, jump onto this blog hop.  Start with Helen's Hooked on Stamping Blog and each blog will take you to the next.  Have Fun! 


Check back next week to see what I did with the Hooligans Level 1 kit (and it's NOT Halloween!)


RECIPE:
Thriller September Stamp of the Month - D1442
Hooligans Level 2 Paper Pack - X7129A
Mini Medley Accents Sunset Collection - Z1338
Sparkles - Blue and Green Assortment - Z1327
Sparkles - Red Purple and Pink Assortment - Z1326

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal