Captured Moments - Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday.  I once read that a father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us where we want to go, but he is a guiding light whose love shows us the way.  That is my dad.  He shares with us his wisdom to help us achieve the goals that we have set for ourselves.  My dad has great patience, which probably grew over the years from raising four daughters.   How else could one come to this point in his life with any sanity left?!  
Sunday evening we went to celebrate my dad's birthday so I spent some time beforehand making him a special card.   One of the stamp sets I used was Captured Moments (C1423).  This was the perfect stamp because as I made my card for my dad, I thought about the 'captured moments' that we spent together over the years as I was growing up, then married and began raising children of my own.


I used several techniques on this card.  The blowing tree at the bottom of the card is from the stamp set Captured Moments.   I inked the stamp in Versamark (Z891) ink and then applied Clear Detail Embossing Powder (Z821).   After I heat set the embossing powder, I sponged Bamboo ink over the image.   To add more color, I also sponged Barn Red and then Sunset blending them into each other.
I then used the brush and re-inker technique around the edges of the card.   I used paper from Olivia Level 2 paper for my accent pieces.  I covered one of the white chipboard pages from the Mix and Mingle album with the Sunset B&T paper.  (This chipboard page was left over from a previous project that I had done.  See Let's Mix and Mingle).    The verse on the front of the card is from The Present (D1436).  The pattern for this card was adapted from Wishes - Cuddle Collage.


I hope you enjoyed my card!  Stay tuned this week for some artwork on the upcoming November Stamp of the Month - A Little More Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal