"A Little Thanks" goes a long way!

It is always handy to have a few Thank You cards on hand.   So I made up a few using Close To My Heart's Stamp of the Month - A Little Thanks.   I chose to work with the Cherry-O paper which was introduced in our 2010 Summer Idea Book.   This paper will retire December 31 so if you like it, you need to get it before the end of the year!   (Be sure to check out this month's special on my Monthly Specials tab)

For this round card I used our 4 1/2" Colonial White Circle Cards (Z1352).   I used the Simple Secure pattern from Wishes.  The pink band with zig-zag stitching is cut from the ribbon paper in Cherry O (so the stitching isn't actual stitching!). The ACTUAL stitching is around the border of the card.  I used Chocolate embroidery floss to stitch around the edge.   It was easy and only took a few minutes.  "Gratitude" is stamped in Chocolate ink.
Accents are colonial white and chocolate buttons with a Chocolate Ribbon (it's real).



My next card is Winning Combination from Originals.  I used several stamps in chocolate ink to random stamp on the chocolate cardstock base. To make the center sentiment pop, I used foam tape.  After tying a knot onto a piece of twill ribbon I wrapped it around the front of the card.  Hanging from the ribbon is metal tag from the Mini Medley Accent Collection - Colonial White (Z1276).    I love this collection.  It includes tags, buttons, brads and ribbon.   I added another stamp "Just a little note" to the front of the tag.

This card was one of my favorites!  I used the pattern All Squared Up from Wishes.  My cardstock base front is Tulip.  I stamped "Thanks" with Tulip Ink onto a piece of Colonial White Cardstock and trimmed it.  After tying a piece of Tulip ribbon around the front, I added a couple of flowers and a butterfly from the Just Blooms Spring Blossom Paper Flowers (Z1266).  The ribbon and brads are from the Mini Medley Accents Tulip Collection (Z1320) which also includes Buttons and photo clips.

My last card is really just a pattern made of up scraps.  I liked the polka dot ribbon piece from the Ribbon B&T paper and wanted to use it on a card.  So, I chose Colonial White as my card base.  I stippled chocolate ink all over the card to add texture.   I edged all my B&T paper and cardstock in the chocolate ink.   The sweet sentiment is my focal point of the card. I accented the card with a couple of Colonial White buttons and a 'bunch of flowers' from the stamp set.

If you like this stamp set, be sure to get it during the month of November.  That is the ONLY time it is available!   You can get it at a discount or for FREE with a $100 order.  (Added bonus - during November you can get an additional stamp of your choice for FREE when you place a $100 order!)

Want to see more great artwork with this stamp set?  Hop on Close To My Heart's Blog Hop and take a ride!  You can start with Helen Onulak's blog: Hooked On Stamping

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal