Convention 2011 Wrap Up!

Well what can I say?  It was AWESOME but I wouldn't expect anything less from Close To My Heart.  I had a blast and they literally BLEW me away with all the new products.   I can't stop looking at my new Idea Book!  


These are my wonderful roomies!   Jackie Gay (Alabama), Me, Rae Bangs (Washington) and Sharon Ivanaukas (New Jersey).    Aren't those the cutest Minnie Mouse ears?

On Friday, We created a layout with the new Roxie paper.  (This one may be my favorites)



We used the new Bling Assortment that has large and small buttons along with pins.  Also - check out the new 10 Things Pocket.  It has numbered strips for journaling.  The stamp set we used is called 10 Things!



On Saturday at our Gadgets & Gizmos class we created this cute little My Creations chipboard Memory Game.  Inside it has 24 3x3 chipboard squares.   This little box has ALL KINDS of potential!  I'm currently planning an Advent Calendar Workshop for it.

Many of these pieces were cut with our new Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. Then we used the stamps from the set Blue Ribbon to stamp on the pre-cut pieces.   PERFECT FIT! There are 5 images from the Blue Ribbon stamp that are on the Art Philosophy Cricut.
We also used the new Pin Clips (sticking out from the star).  The paper on this box is from our new pack - Elemental.  A kit that will intermix with many of the other kits in the Idea Book!

At the Awards Banquet on Friday night we had a very special stampset waiting for us.  This was an exclusive for convention goers.  
At the Saturday night crop, we used this set to create this adorable little convention book made using 3 cards from the new Kraft Die-Cut Cards and Envelope set.

Here are the pages from this book.  (I just need to add my pictures!)  We used the new Decor Journaling Spots and Color Ready Alphabet Cork!  I used the cocoa marker to color the cork a darker color.    How fun!





With convention about to wrap up, it would not have been complete if last year's spa winners didn't have a reunion lunch!   Seven of the nine spa winners met for lunch in Downtown Disney for a relaxing time of reminiscing about how lucky and blessed we all are to have met.   I'll cherish those memories forever.   So glad I got to spend time with them at convention!    (Jamie & Lori - we missed you!)

Until next year!!!   See you again in Dallas.  I'm looking forward to it!

All the above projects were created with new products available August 1 in the new Close To My Heart 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea book.  

Comments

  1. Ooh, how exactly did you do the album? I had to leave early on Saturday and didn't attend the crop....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal