Adding Compliments to a Sports Layout

Labor Day Weekend brought rain here in Tennessee which was just fine with me.   It gave me a great excuse to spend the day in my scrap room!   First on my agenda was to finish the optional layout and cards for the Typeset Workshop On The Go (G1024) kit.  I decided to change the optional layout up a bit so that I could use the really cool Typeset Compliments which are canvas shapes with adhesive backs!

Have you ever been in the middle a project and an idea comes to you for another creative project?  Well, this happened to me. I was using these Typeset Compliments (X7139C) when this happened. I couldn't wait to finish my current project and get started on my idea!  Some of these compliments kept saying "SPORTS" to me.   Earlier, I had been looking through pictures for a layout and I came across my daughter's Volleyball pictures that I had not scrapbooked yet.   Suddenly, I thought THESE compliments and Kayli's Volleyball need to go together!


I found the perfect layout in Close To My Heart's how to book - Magic.  I even decided to do the 3-D aspect of the layout.  (Something that intimidates me sometimes because I like FAST, QUICK & EASY!).  The layout pattern I chose is called On With The Show and has an optional Card Slide feature.

I used all cardstock with this layout - Black, Desert Sand, Cranberry on a base of Colonial White.  I sanded the cardstock and sponged the edges with Desert Sand ink just to give it a little more of an aged looked like the Compliments.  See the tab on the left side of the picture on the left layout?  This is the card slide!

Here is the Card Slide Option:

Pull the Tab to reveal the Journaling and another Picture

As the tab is pulled, the journaling comes out on the left and the picture on the right!

All is exposed!  
I cut a slit in the page protector to allow the tab to be pulled and the page is still protected.   This all was VERY easy to do.   I need to do more layouts from Magic.  It was so cool to see it all come together.

Have you done any Magic layouts lately?  

Comments

  1. Love this! I just got the Magic book and am anxious to start creating from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT Gina! :) I love volleyball and played all my high school years - so I couldn't help but be drawn to these pages :) The Complements go PERFECT with this layout!!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal