May This Be Your GRANDEST Year Yet!

Christmas is past and the New Year is fast approaching.  I had so much fun the last couple of months creating Christmas cards! But it's time to put away all my Christmas stamps and start some new projects!  I've been planning a technique card workshop in January and needed one more card.   Mojo Monday provided the perfect sketch to use!   My workshop - Cards With EDGE will be focusing on embossing!  This card is one of four cards we'll create.



Here is the Mojo Monday sketch: (I used the square sketch for my 6x6 card)

For this card I used the Hooray Bouquet (D1491) stampset which coordinates with our Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686).   I cut the large flower <Flower6> at 2 3/4" and a smaller flower at 2".  The large flower was cut onto the Sorbet B&T from Elemental Level 2 (X7141B) and the smaller 2" flower was cut on Colonial White Cardstock.  Even though the large flower was a print, I stamped the flower with the coordinating stamp using versa mark ink.   I then heat set Clear Detail Embossing powder to give it a textured design.   I used the coordinating 2" stamp and Olive ink on the smaller flower.   I re-stamped the image using Versa Mark ink directly on top of the stamped flower.   Next, I used Clear Detail Embossing powder to add shine to this flower also.  I layered the two flowers together and added a Colonial White Designer (Z1274) brad to the center.   The small flower next to the sentiment used the same technique with the Olive ink and Versa Mark ink.

All products are Close To My Heart.

See all the details on my Cards With EDGE workshop on my Upcoming Workshops page!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal