A Card to Brighten Your Day

I spent literally ALL weekend pulling my tax information together for my Close To My Heart Business. Last year I waited until the last minute and I had promised myself I wouldn't do that again.  I told myself that I would not do any creating until I finished.  I expected to spend most of Saturday on this task but it ended up taking me 2 days!  I don't know why I can't record everything monthly! If I did, I wouldn't have to spend an entire weekend doing it!  But every year it is the same thing and every year I say I'm going to be better.  Maybe this year.......

The first thing I did Saturday morning was to printed out a page of challenges that I wanted to try.  I set them aside until I was free to play!  Finally, I was able to step into my craft room tonight.  Armed with two color challenges I begin pulling inks and cardstock.  The first color challenge I decided to do was from The Play Date Cafe.   I also decided to combine this with two other challenges - the sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping and also CAS-ual Friday (add chipboard).

I really liked working with these colors.  Such a change from the holiday colors!   My version of The Play Date Cafe colors is Juniper, Sweet Leaf and Vanilla Cream.


My card base is Vanilla Cream cardstock.   I stamped the card with Noted Backgrounds (now retired).  The Sweet Leaf scalloped rectangle <Rectangle 2> was cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686) and layered with Juniper cardstock.  I used a chipboard Dimensional Element Mixed Shape (Z1683) as the base for my butterfly. I inked the shaped with Vanilla Cream ink and I sponged the butterfly with Sweet Leaf Ink.  I added three Opaque Adhesive Pearl Gems to the butterfly.  The sentiment stamp is from Card Chatter - Sympathy (D1476).   The ribbon is from the Designer Ribbon - Green Collection (Z1616).  
All Products are Close To My Heart.

Here are the inspirations for my card.  Be sure to visit all the challenges!  I'm sure you'll be inspired!
The Play Date Cafe:


Clean and Simple Stamping:


CAS-usal Friday:


Thanks for stopping by!  Check back soon for my other Color Challenge Post!

Comments

  1. Oooo! I'm lovin' that fabulous, texty background, Gina! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! And good luck with gathering all your tax information. I don't envy you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty-I really like the color combo and the butterfly adds even more to the softness. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that newsprint is so fantastic. So glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal