CAS-ual Friday Meets Fashionista!

So sorry I've been away!  I had my Open House Celebration for Close To My Heart's new Spring Summer Idea Book on Saturday so I have been very busy getting ready for that.   I'll be sharing some of my creations over the next couple of weeks.

Also, last week, my oldest daughter celebrated her birthday and I wanted to make something special for her.  Kirsti moved out last fall into an apartment she shares with a friend.   We got her a new comforter set for her bedroom when she moved and she didn't really have much for her walls.   When I saw the Fashionista (D1504) stamp set in the new Idea Book, it reminded me so much of Kirsti!  She loves clothes and she has more shoes than I probably have had my entire life!  I thought this stamp would make the perfect wall art for her room - right along side the specially made shoe shelf her dad made her!    I think this picture was a hit!


I stamped the images on to White Daisy Cardstock.  I stamped the girls again on another sheet using Olive ink.   I then cut out the dresses, top, skirt and belt and adhered them to the top of the silhouettes.  I added 1/4" strips of Olive and Black cardstock to give add a 'matted' look.   I then put it in this nice black frame.   I picture opening measures 8x11. 


I'm entering this into CAS-ual Friday's challenge.  This week's challenge is to create a Clean and Simple project using paper piecing.   I think this framed art is pretty Clean and Simple!  It was really fun to create!

Be sure to visit CAS-ual Friday's site to see all the other entries.   If you like challenges, this is a fun site to check out every Friday.  

Comments

  1. That turned out GREAT. I love how you used the cardstock strips. it is really, really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal