Getting Creative with Mini Banner

Have you noticed I changed my blog header?   I made this mini banner with one of Close To My Heart's new My Creation products.  The My Creations Mini Banner (Z1736) has 10 white chipboard pennants in four different shapes.   They measure 3" x 4".  Perfect size to create something fairly quickly.





I used the Stella Paper Pack (X7147B) to cover the chipboard pieces.  This was AFTER I created 2 layouts, and six cards!  Just shows how much you get out Close To My Heart's paper packs for only $9.95! - And I still have paper left!

I had so much fun putting this together.  I sponged Lagoon, Cocoa and Sunset ink on the different letters of the Dimensional Element Monograms for the word "create".  



Creating this banner was even easier using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686).  I just selected the shape on the cartridge and cut the my paper to fit the size of the banners!  No trimming necessary!  Got to love that!  

I used many of Close To My Heart's new embellishments featured in the Spring Summer Idea Book.  See the little wooden flower, dragonfly and butterfly? These are from the new Color Ready Accents - Garden Wooden Shapes (Z1718)  You can color them but I think they are just as pretty left 'naked' which is what I did here.  Another new product I used was the Paradise Paper Flowers (Z1710).  I used the Sunset flowers here but the package also includes Creme' Brulee, Lagoon, Smoothie and Sunset in 4 different styles.   Oh!  I used a daisy Lagoon flower underneath a wooden flower (right).  

I tied a little bit of Baker's Twine onto the letters and on the Wooden Buttons  (Z1387). The Baker's Twine comes in 2 color assortments - Paradise Assortment (Z1702): Creme Brulee, Lagoon, Smoothie and Sunset; and Neutral Assortment (Z1701) - Black, Chocolate, Grey Wool and White Daisy.

I also used the new Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon (Z1732) to tie my banner together.  I used the sponge technique to color my ribbon with Olive and Sunset inks.  (See my video on Sponging the Color Ready Ribbon HERE.)

For my finishing touches, I added a few sparkles to the flowers, butterfly and dragonfly.   I hope you enjoyed my banner as much I had fun creating it!  

I shipped this banner off to Close to My Heart as part of my application to teach at this year's convention.   Once I get it back, I'll be hanging this up in my craft room!

This week at 4 Crafty Chicks they are looking for anything but cards!  So I'm sharing on their challenge blog!

Pin It

Comments

  1. This is awesome! WOW! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW this is totally awesome! Love the colors some of my fav's. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great banner!

    Thanks for sharing it with the 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal