Scrapbooking at Petticoat Junction

It's been a week now since I've returned from Petticoat Junction.   A group of us try to get down there at least twice a year - once in winter/spring and once again in the fall.   We always have such a blast.   This time the winter weather stayed away and the drive there was absolutely gorgeous!  It was hard to stay on my side of the road because I just wanted to gaze at the beauty of the landscape.  Petticoat Junction sits in the little town of Normandy, Tennessee which is about 20 miles off I-24 heading towards Chattanooga.  Once I got off the boring interstate, my drive became winding country roads through a landscape of rolling hills with white fences and green fields.  The Bradford Pear trees were in full bloom, and the sky that met the hilltops was the most beautiful blue with fluffy white clouds here and there.   You really feel God's beauty on quiet drives like these.

Once I got to the retreat and unloaded, I was on a mission to get several things done.   Many of my To Do's were to get ahead on some projects - upcoming Stamp of the Month artwork, Workshops on the Go and more.  But I also brought along some personal things I wanted to scrapbook.   I rarely get time to scrapbook for myself anymore.   Even though I use my pictures for my Workshop pages, still, I rarely sit down and just do whatever I want!

I wanted to share a few layouts I made.   The first 2 layouts I used my VERY FAVORITE paper - Stella (X7147B).  I found pictures from our family reunion we had last September right before I left for the retreat and realized that they would be perfect for this paper!


I used the Stella Canvas Shapes (X7147C) on this layout and added some of the Bohemian Assortment (Z1687).

Here is another layout -  This is one of my 'go to' sketches that I love to use.  I used words from the zip strip to compliment my right page layout.   They were perfect for my theme.

Next, I had pictures from my daughter's sorority formal I wanted to scrapbook.   I used the Florentine paper (X7153B) for this layout.  I still want to add more embellishing but haven't had a chance to sit down and finish it yet.  But I wanted to share it anyway.  I love the sparkle flourish on the left page. This is the from the Sparkle Flourishes set (Z1708).  I also used the Timeless Charms (Z1689) along with another Bohemian Assortment!  "beautiful" was stamped with the new Keepsake E-size alphabet (E1024).   I love how you can stamp the letters into one flowing word. Again, I used the zip strips.  This time I used them as a border for my 'beautiful' title.


I have 2 more layouts to share but will hold those off to share those a little later.  But that is all for now.  I haven't created one single thing since I've been home - life got REALLY BUSY.  But hopefully I'll make it back to my scraproom soon.

If you live anywhere near Tennessee - check out Petticoat Junction.  It is a fun place for a scrapping good time with friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder