Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Birthday Card for a New Challenge!

I was so excited this morning to learn about a new challenge blog - Seize the Birthday. The challenge is all about birthday cards!  Now that I'm finished making Christmas cards for a while, I really need to get on top of my birthday cards and this challenge will help!

I just finished making a couple of birthday cards as part of a card set that I'm giving as a Christmas gift.  I went through my stash of paper looking for some bright and cheerful paper and came accross Close To My Heart's special paper - Dotty For You.   This was a special paper during National Scrapbooking Month this past year and it was so popular.  Right before the special ended I made sure to grab a couple of extra packs and I'm so glad I did!  It was so hard to pick which card I would share today but I decided on this card:


I used sketch #19 from Close To My Heart's Make It From Your Heart Vol. 1 book.  I added a dimensional element and using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, cut the same shape as the dimensional element.  The white cardstock is cut 1/4" smaller than the black to layer.

I colored my cupcakes and cupcake stand with our new Alcohol ink markers and added Stardust Glitz Glitter gel to the frosting for sparkle.

Recipe:
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" White Daisy Card
Artiste Cricut Cartridge - Z1790
Dotty For You Paper - retired
Dimensional Elements Awards - Z1792
Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Z1781
Mini Medley Accents Black Collection - 1393
Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel - Z1313
My Acrylix Stamp Piece of Cake - retired
Alcohol Markers - Cotton Candy Z2417, Sweet Leaf Z2404, Creme Brulee' Z2406

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to come back later for more Dotty For You Cards!

8 comments :

  1. Cute layout and colours! So happy to hear you will be joining us! Thanks for joining in our linky party at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card...love the banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banners and the color, AND the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these banners! They make a very festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super happy card :)
    So glad you joined us for our first link party on Seize the Birthday.
    Looking forward to seeing you for our first challenge in Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that fun layout & the bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These "brights" just pop off the black background of the card. Love these choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card, I love the fun papers you used.

    ReplyDelete

Check out my Taste of Summer Pinterest Board!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...