Monday, February 18, 2013

Buttons and Bows Baby Card

It's been a REALLY long time since I've created a baby card. When I saw the challenge on The Paper Players to create a baby card with buttons and bows I thought it sounded fun!  I have the new Chantilly textiles and have been anxious to do something with one of the fabrics.  So, I pulled out the Buttercup pattern paper from the Chantilly paper pack and the pear print fabric from the textiles.

Using the sketch from Retro Sketches I created this 6x6 card:

RECIPE:
Chantilly Paper (X7163B)
Chantilly Textile (Z1819)
Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon (Z1732)
Stamp: New Arrival (C1501)
Clear Buttons (retired)
Pear Ink
Black Ink
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

I used the pear fabric on the edge of the buttercup pattern paper.  For those of you that don't like to sew, I didn't use my sewing machine!  I wanted to show how easy it is to add fabric without sewing!
First I cut a strip of fabric 3/4" wide.  Next, I used my ATG tape to add adhesive near the edge of the buttercup pattern.  
                                 

I placed the printed side of the fabric face down on top of the adhesive keeping the edges even.  See photo above.  When I got to a corner, I just turned the fabric keeping the edge even.

After I went all the way around my square, I turned it over and applied adhesive to edge on the back.  Turning the square back face up, I folded the fabric down and around the edge on the back where the adhesive is.   I just had to work the corners a little bit to get it smooth.  So NO-SEW easy!

Here is the sketch I used from Retro Sketches:


The Paper Players

3 comments :

  1. WOW - love the fabric Gina! Beautiful card, too - thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card! I love the elephant image and appreciate your tip on how to use fabric without sewing. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea with the fabric! Nice and bright colors! Thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Check out my Taste of Summer Pinterest Board!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...