Fall is here.....

and yes, I'm still here too!  I believe this is the longest that I have left my blog "postless" since I started blogging!   So what is up with me?  Life.... it snuck up on me and started interfering with my fun time!  I've been doing what I need to get done for my classes but have had little time left for anything fun.  

My husband and I have been working on trying to get his mom moved closer to us (she lives 3 hours away).   This has proven to be a difficult task.   She has lived in her home for over 20 years and as you know..... we ALL accumulate stuff in that time frame.   And, when you live in a large home you might find LOTS of places to store stuff that you no longer need rather than actually getting rid of it.  My Mother In Law was a AVID crafter several years ago.... she loved trying every kind of craft you could imagine. She has all the tools and supplies one would ever need - from quilting, scrapbooking, book binding, painting, embroidery, smocking, french hand sewing.... you name it and I guarantee she has tried it at least once!   My girls loved to go visit her because they knew they would be doing something fun!  But her crafting time went by the wayside when my Father-In-Law was diagnosed with Parkinson's.  As the years went on his condition deteriorated and so did her desire to craft.   My father-in-law passed away a few years ago and she has finally decided that she is ready to move to be closer to us.  But even though she is ready to move, she is not ready to part with many of her things. This is a long slow process.  My husband and I have been traveling to her home over the the last several weekends to clean, sort, clear and get things ready to sell.  (I have spent the last two weekends just trying to sort through her craft room!)    In the midst of that we also working with a Realtor here to find her a nice small home that will be near us.  

This weekend we brought back one of her big crafting tables that she said I could have.  As happy as I was to bring it home, I knew that I must clean and re-organize my OWN craft room to get it in!  So, after working in her craft room all weekend, I came home and worked in mine.  After about 3 hours of moving things around I finally got things situated.  I'm anxious to get back at it!

Here are some pictures of my 'new to me' table.  I used to use a 5 ft folding table to craft on so this is so much better!  The sides can fold up or down (I'll be leaving them up).   I moved my white cubes to the front side and I really have just enough room to get an additional cube set which I think will make it much neater looking.    The wooden shelf on the left side is one my husband built that used to be along a wall.  

I apologize for the messy table but as soon as I got everything in place I began cutting and prepping for this Friday's Girl's Night Out event!



Check out my REAL Dental Assistant's chair!  It is a leftover from my Father In Law's Dental practice.   It's just the right height and its comfortable!  And when I don't want to sit, the table is the right height for standing which I chose to do when I was cutting for my event! AND I have plenty of space to lay things out (obviously by my mess!)

I love the drawer in the middle!  I've put my blocks and my remotes in there!  I used to spend at least 15 minutes looking for the darn thing! Now I'll know right where it is!   Also I now have a shelf to put my ATG on and another one to slide my paper trimer on when I'm not using them rather than throwing them on the floor!  


I hope you enjoyed my pictures!  It was the ONE highlight of my stressful weekend.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to do something fun in my 'new' room this week!   If I do, I'll be sure to share!

Comments

  1. That is a very nice table and cool chair. It will be so nice to have her closer to family, and probably make you more at ease that she will be closer, too. I live just around the corner from my in-laws, and since my FIL retired last year, they have been doing a ton of remodelling and purging. It's easy to collect things and take care of it later, but such a mess when we have to go through it years later. Thank goodness no one ever looks in my basement. :) Hope your craft time will be at a premium again soon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder