Sweet Birthday

I'm going to step away from all the Holiday posts for today.  Don't worry - there is still alot more to come!  Yesterday was my youngest daughter's birthday.   She turned 22!  I have no idea how that happened because I don't think I've gotten any older.  HA!

I wanted to create a fun card for her with the new Thin Cuts and stamp set I got - Sweet Birthday. At first glance, one might think this would lean to the juvenile side of birthday stamps.  I know that is what I thought when I first saw it in the book.  I didn't order it in the beginning because I felt I had plenty juvenile birthday stamps.  When Close To My Heart released the Thin Cut for this stamp I decided to purchase it.  You know.... sometimes all we need is one small reason to justify our purchases.



Yesterday, I decided to use this stamp for Kayli's birthday card and wanted to challenge myself to create a card that could be used for anyone of any age!  I really like how it turned out.  This is 5x7 card.


I paired paper from the Basic Fundamental pack with our color of the year - Sea Glass and even added a bit of Sea Glass Glitter paper.  (I can't never get enough of that glitter paper!).   I stamped the cupcake with Memento Black Ink and then colored my cupcake paper to match the Sea Glass color!
(HINT:  To get the Sea Glass color with your ShinHan markers use these colors in this order - Pastel Green, Turquoise Blue (3 times) and then use your Blender Pen going over your image TWO times!)
To color my flame I used Marigold and then Pastel Green at the bottom of the flame (this create the color Tangerine) and then I colored the top of the flame with my Golden Yellow and used the Blender pen.

I used my Shimmer Brush to paint over the icing area of the cupcake.  It which doesn't show up here but looks pretty cool in real life!  Instead of stamping the sprinkles on the cupcake I stamped them around the cupcake and sentiment with Sea Glass ink.

I just love the 'wordy' paper from the Basic Pack!  I was a nice break from all the Christmas cards and pages I've been creating lately.  

Products Used:
White Daisy Cardstock - 1385
Sea Glass Cardstock - X5789
Black Cardstock - 1386
Sea Glass Glitter Paper - Z3240
Memento Black Ink - Z899
Sea Glass Ink - Z2813
Sweet Birthday Stamp - B1532
Sweet Birthday Thin Cuts - CC1156
Shimmer Brush—Clear - Z3293
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Black Marker - Z2446
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Turquoise Blue Marker - Z2465
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Leaf Green Marker - Z2454
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Marigold Marker - Z2457
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Pastel Green Marker - Z2459
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Colorless Blender Marker - Z2469
ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Golden Yellow Marker - Z2452




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder