Cookie Swap Year 14!

WOW..... As I type this I can't believe it's been 14 years.... 14 years of long standing friendships.  I love it that in our busy lives we have this one standing tradition that does not change - our annual Cookie Swap!!  


There are 13 ladies in the swap.  The group started 14 years ago and although a few of the original members have moved on, there are about 6 or 7 of us that have continued this traditional from Year 1.  I look forward to this every year!  We each make enough cookies for everyone to take home 6 of each kind of cookie and we usually bring a few to sample.  That's alot of cookies!!  (A minimum of 78 cookies to include samples are needed to be exact!)


After finding the perfect recipe (which means you need to find a recipe that makes PLENTY  - only doubling it one time if needed) the next thing to find is the container to put them in.  12 containers!
Some years I've been creative, and then some years I just find a nice Christmas looking bag to put them in.  This year I decided to be creative.  It's the least I could do since MY recipe only needed 4 ingredients!  Almond Joy Cookies - WAY to easy but OH SO GOOD!

I found my cookie boxes in Close To My Heart's Clearance Sale on my website!!  They are Designer Creations Take Out Boxes  - Two boxes in a set for just $2!!  So I ordered 6 sets!  What a deal!  


I dressed up my take out boxes using leftover scraps from last year's Christmas paper from Close To My Heart - White Pines.  (I KNEW there was a reason to save all of those 2x12 strips!)  I made the bows with the Artiste Cricut Cartridge and wrapped shimmer trim around it.


Check out my recipe card!!  Yep, it's a PML card from Oh Deer!.  (Another great use for those Picture My Life Cards!).  I actually had 12 of the same cards from leftovers from my recent Christmas Card Workshop.  


Look at all of these yummy cookies!!  
I think we quite outdid ourselves this year.

So... now before they are all gone... go grab yourself some of these Take Out boxes for YOUR next cookie swap!  Too late for this year?  Save them for next year! 

Signing out now.... going to sample a few more cookies before I go to bed!  (shhhhh......)



Comments

  1. What a fun tradition! Your boxes are perfect. I was just playing with some scraps of White Pine myself this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder