Dreamin' Big With An Interactive Layout

Recently, I was looking for a fun layout to teach at my upcoming retreat.  I was struggling to find something fun and different.  That's when I turned to Close To My Heart's How To book - Magic.   I've had this book for a while and used several patterns in it but as of late it has just been sitting on my shelf.  How could I forget all the fun layouts in it!

I used the Magic pattern called Crystal Ball.  You can create the layout with an interactive wheel that turns and reveals additional pictures or journaling.  Here is the layout I created with Dreamin' Big paper. (PS Sorry for the glare - I have the layout in Memory Protectors to show how the interactive wheel works.)




















I used my Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge to cut the large flower.  It was cut at 8 1/2".  I  used two stamp sets with this layout.  The Dreamin' Big Cardmaking Thin Cut Bundle includes the stamps and the Thin Cuts for the butterflies, dragonfly and beetles. The 2nd stamp, Journaling Prompts (B1548) was used to reveal the journaling under the wheel and for the title.


The journaling circle is attached the layout but the wheel is attached to the OUTSIDE of the memory protector with a brad.

I love this paper pack!  I was able to design the layout so that my class attendees could choose either bugs or flowers as their design just by choosing which side of the paper they wanted to show!  Here is the same layout with all the pieces flipped to the other side.



There were 2 sets of zip strips with words that coordinated with each of the layout designs.  I used these to add along the right page on both layouts.

Dreamin' Big Cardmaking Thin Cut Bundle (Z3303) - Includes stamp and 4 thin cuts
Stamp set can be purchased separately (C1674)

Products Used:
Dreamin' Big Paper - X7218B
White Daisy Cardstock - 1385
Dreamin' Big Cardmaking Thin Cut Bundle (Z3303)
Journaling Prompts (B1548)
Black Exclusive Ink - Z2805
Poppy Exclusive Ink - Z2852
Saffron Exclusive Ink - Z2851
Juniper Exclusive Ink - Z2865
Slate Exclusive Ink - Z2873
Marvy Luchida LaPen Journaling Pen - Z1979
Whisper Thick Twine - Z3095
Dreamin' Big Sequins - Z3315
Mini Stapler - Z2027
Top Load Memory Protectors - Z1984
How To Book: Magic - Z9040
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (retired) 
Big White Brad (retired)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal