StampinHeaven Winter Retreat 2017

Well I know it is called WINTER retreat but it was anything but Winter this past weekend!   I'm still recovering from all the fun we had at my retreat.  It's a good thing I'm going on vacation!  I'll be able to relax and rest up.... I think.

This was my 4th retreat at Henry Horton State park.  We had a packed attendance of 32 ladies that happily scrapped late into the night and back at it in the early morning hours.  One lady even stayed up ALL NIGHT - never went to bed!  What can I say - when you get a 2nd wind and get on a roll it's hard to stop!

I'm missing a couple of ladies from this group shot!

Here is a recap of our weekend!  Each attendee had goodies waiting for them at their table:


The theme was based off of our Sugar Rush paper pack so everyone received a "Donut" name tag, a Water bottle with Pocket tag containing a Lemonade packet, a special Petite Perk stamp, a package of donuts (of course), a pre-cut Retreat Layout (more on that below) and a Mini Folio Album project!

Here is the completed Retreat Layout everyone received:




















After the retreat, they could use their donut name tag to add to the left page of the layout.

Here is a closer look at the Mini Folio Album project everyone received.   Everyone received a pack of Zoe Compliments, some pre-cut Zoe papers for the album pages and a photo guide of suggested pages.  They could create an album like mine or create something on their own!





There was a lot of creating going on all weekend....




I offered several classes through out the weekend.  In this class they are putting together their Dreamin' Big Interactive Layout.

It's early morning... Not everyone has arrived back at the crop room 
but we did have many early risers!




Everyone was encourage to Scrap their Stash!   They were given a Bingo card and once they completed 5 in a row they received a small prize!

For this retreat I brought my Scrappy Bear that I got to make at Build A Bear at our convention at DisneyLand two years ago.  Scrappy Bear is a special edition bear celebrating Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.  I brought her home and she sits beside the TV watching me create.  This year I decided to bring her to retreat.  I sat her on a table. When someone completed a layout or card, they would get to steal Scrappy Bear.  I set a timer to a random amount of time and when the timer went off, whoever had Scrappy Bear won a small prize.   After the long weekend of busy creating both Scrappy Bear and I were worn out.  She's loosing her headband here and is just too tired to put it back on her head!


So now, I'm going rest up and get my bags packed.  I'm leaving on a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on Thursday with my hubby!!  It's a trip I earned from Closed To My Heart!  I can't wait to be pampered!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal