Home From Close To My Heart Convention


I just returned home from my very first Close To My Heart Convention in Washington, D.C. I joined CTMH in 2006 and have always wanted to go. My dream came true this year and it was an experience I'll never forget. Everything about was AWESOME. It is so exciting to be surrounded by people that get just as giddy about paper and stamps as you do!

The 3 day convention was filled with wonderful introductions to our new 2010 Autumn/Winter products, Extravaganza, Create & Takes, and Awards Gala and a fun night at the Closing Banquet.

At the Create & Take we created 4 cards using some of the new papers and embellishments. OH AND CLEAR CARDS! I love these cards and since convention, the creative portion of my brain has been churning away on a 'Clearly Christmas' card workshop that will be a special workshop in addition to my ANNUAL Christmas Card Extravaganza workshop in November. (stay tuned for more info). Here is a look at a couple of cards we made including the 2 Clear cards:

Paper: Mistletoe Ink Colors: Cranberry & New England Ivy
Stamps: Unity (C1422) and The Present (D1416) (Paper & Stamps will be available in the 2010 Autumn/Winter Idea Book coming in September)
Paper: Olivia Ink Colors: Barn Red & Bamboo Stamp: The Present (D1436) Embellishment - Opaques - Mocha (Z1333) (Available September 2010 from CTMH)
Paper: Olivia Inks: Smoothie & Pear Stamp: Unity (C1422)
Embellishment - Opaques - Mocha (Z1333) Clear Card: (Z1323) All of these products will be available September 2010 in Close To My Heart's Autumn/Winter Idea Book.
Paper: Mistletoe Inks: Cocoa & New England Ivy Stamp: Unity (C1422) & Circle of Love (D1413) Embellishment - Opaques - Mocha (Z1333) Clear Card: (Z1323)
The Paper, Stamps and Embellishments will be available September 2010 in Close To My Heart's Autumn/Winter Idea Book.
We also created a FABULOUS layout using the 12x12 Flip Flaps (Also coming in Sept). The layout was from Jeanette Lynton's new book - Magic. LOVE IT, GOT TO HAVE IT!!! I'll post this layout as soon as I get some pictures attached so keep watching for it!

I LOVE all the new products and I think Close To My Heart fans will too! The Halloween paper - "Hooligans" is ADORABLE and there are some really CUTE stamps to go with it. AND some uberadorable Felt Monsters.

There is SO much to tell about convention. I'll be posting through out the week so stay tuned!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder