A Different Christmas Album

For years my Christmas Scrapbook consisted of a picture of our Christmas tree.  A picture of our girls in front of the tree.  Some random pictures of the girls opening their gifts.  Every year - the same things only a year older and all the pictures were taken on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Now my girls are grown and living on their own.  This is my first year to go through the Christmas Season at home as an empty-nester.   I really enjoy the Christmas Season and this year Close To My Heart gave me an idea to do something a little different.

This year Close To My Heart introduced their White Pines Picture My Life Cards.  In addition to an array of adorable journaling and title cards, this collection also includes a card for each of the first 25 days of December!  I'm going to take a picture every day to count down the days until Christmas. Below is just a sampling of cards.   One great thing about these cards, is that they have the same picture on both sides - one side is vertical and the other side is horizontal.  This makes them very versatile.
White Pines Picture My Life Scrapbooking Program
Remembering to take a picture everyday will be a real challenge for me.  Many times I can't go into another room without forgetting what I went in there for!  But this is something I really want to do and I can't wait to put it all together!   Several blog posts back I shared two layouts that I created at a Making Connections event with the White Pines Paper paper pack, the PML cards and Compliments along with some twine and red gems.  I plan to use these two pages at the beginning of my album.


I'll put this year's family picture on this page.
I'm going to also be playing along with Close To My Heart's social media challenge. It is called the Christmas Countdown Challenge. During December, Close To My Heart will be posting photo prompts on Instagram and Facebook inviting everyone to follow along by taking your own photos and sharing them using the hashtag #ctmhcountdown. I think this is a great way to document the season.

And here is the fun part!  Each week, they will draw a winner from those who have shared their photos on Instagram and send them their very own Picture My Life™ White Pines scrapbooking program. Then, on December 28, five winners will be selected from those who have posted every day on either Instagram or Facebook. The prize for these five winners will be a My Legacy™ Cocoa Damask D-Ring album, a Picture My Life White Pines scrapbooking program, and a Memory Protectors™ variety pack! 

Be sure to join in on the festivities and post your daily photos on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #ctmhcountdown.

For those that want to play along with CTMH here is their entire list so you won't have to wait for their daily posting!!



Take time to enjoy every minute of the season - it's the most wonderful time of the year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder