Here is a wonderful way to share your beautiful creations.... The Caring Hearts Card Drive. This drive collects cards to deliver to nursing homes. Your card can bring joy and holiday cheer to the elderly that are quite lonely. Just recently my own grandma had to go to a nursing home to recuperate after a car accident. She was separated from her husband who was still in the hospital and even when he was released to the same nursing home, they were still separated. My grandma was quite lonely even though she had friends and family visiting. One thing that I know...she LOVES getting cards. But just imagine those that do not have friends and family close by to visit or even call. A card could really cheer someone up especially during the Holidays.
So, I have gathered up some past Christmas Cards that I still have on hand, and I'm going to take them to the post office today! There are some guidelines for sending the cards:
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card – your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it – stamped or handwritten. Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card but don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards – standard size 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ or smaller.
- And please don’t use any pins for safety reasons.
- This is totally optional… if you’d like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it’ll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 27TH!!!
Here are more details and where you can send your cards: Caring Hearts Card Drive
Make someone's holiday just a little bit brighter!