My Baby is 21!


Wow.... Time sure does fly by!!  My baby turned 21 today.  We had an early celebration last night because she has such a busy schedule!!  She is SO busy in fact, that when I asked her where she wanted to go eat for her birthday celebration (this is standard tradition in our house) she told me she just wanted a home cooked meal.   In addition to her home cooked meal and home made birthday cake - just standard chocolate with buttercream frosting - I made her this card.


I loved this hexagon stamp (Hexagonal Patterns) and just had to have it.  It's been in my box since August and this was the first time I've used it!  I cut out all three sizes of hexagons and stamped them all up in lagoon, Pear, Black and Poppy.  But when I finally decided on my card design, I was down using only the smallest hexagon and just Lagoon, Pear and Black inks.   Sometimes too many choices can make things difficult!  I used my Hexagon Embossing Folder to create a background for the card.

I cut the layered "Happy" shape and "Birthday" with the Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  I used the Chevron hexagon to stamp across the bottom layer of the "Happy" Shape.  I cut out two "BIRTHDAY"s - one in lagoon and one in white cardstock.  I offset the layers just a bit and popped up some of the larger letters.   I managed to find a few blue and green sparkles in my stash to jazz it up just a bit.  I have tiny ones on the letters but they don't show up very well here.  (It was a VERY rainy and gloomy day yesterday so not the best for picture taking in natural light)


Hexagonal Patterns - C1626

One more birthday to go in November (my hubby) and then I can start thinking about Christmas Shopping!!

Comments

  1. Wow. I can't believe it!!! Doesn't seem right at all. Everything looks so nice. Kayli is so pretty! Happy birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder