March April New Product Blog Hop


We have a brand new catalog to share!  With the new catalog comes a New Product Blog Hop that gives you a chance to see some of the new products used in creative projects!!  I'm excited to be sharing what I created!  If you came here from Krista Hershberger's Blog you are on the right path!  If you are just getting started right here, then look for the next link at the bottom of my post that will take you to the next blog.   This hop is a big circle so when you get back to me (or the blog you started with) then you will know you completed the hop!  Let's get started!  BTW, if you get lost along the way you can find the entire list of participants HERE.

On March 1, I shared right here on my blog a project I created using the Stamp of the Month - Family Legacy.  This was only a small part of the project.  Today, I want to share the entire project with you!

I created an Extended Story with our Yesterday & Today paper collection.   My extended story is about my Grandma growing up on the family farm in the early 1900's.  This extended story leads right into her family history that I created with the Yesterday & Today Scrapbooking Workshop kit (which is BEAUTIFUL!)  Here is a more in depth look at the pages of my Extended Story.



These are all the pages of the extended story.  You can purchase a Extended Story Combo (Z4092) pack that contains one 81/2 x 11 Memory protector, a 6x6 Memory Proctector, Pocket Plus Design 4, Pocket Plus Design 1 and a 12x12 Memory Protector.  This gives you each size you need without purchasing entire packs of each size.   Now, lets look at how they appear in the album! 



This is my title page.  It starts with a picture of my grandma as a little girl.  This is the 8 1/2 x 11 memory protector.


Page 1 and 2 consist of the back side of the 8 1/2 x 11 memory protector (left) and the 6x6 memory protector on the right.


Flip over the 6x6 memory page protector to see the back and on the right you see the Pocket Plus Design 4.  This holds three horizontal 4x6 photos/journaling cards on each side.


Flip over the Design 4 pocket plus to reveal the Design 1 pocket Plus memory protector which holds four 3x4 photo/journaling cards. 


The final pages of my extended story include the back side of the Design 1 pocket plus on the left and my 12x12 Single page layout.  (I still need to finish my journaling!) Don't you just love those foil die-cuts!  They look like real metal embellishments without adding the bulk and weight to your pages.

To be honest, I really wasn't crazy about the Extended Story when it was first released, but I had not tried it yet so therefore didn't fully understand it's purpose.  Since I've created this extended story I realized how wonderful this is for adding many photos to a theme in your scrapbooks. It also gives you the space to tell a story while adding interest to your album!  I had so much fun creating this one and LOVE how it presents in a scrapbook album!  I've already created additional extended stories and have added this to my class schedule to teach this same technique to my customers!

Here are the products that I used:
Extended Story Combo Pack - Z4092
Yesterday & Today Paper Pack + Stickers - X7254S
Yesterday & Today Vellum Die-Cuts - X7254F
Yesterday & Today Foil Die-Cuts - X7254E
French Vanilla Cardstock - X6046
Espresso Cardstock - X5951
Toffee Cardstock - X5950
Pewter Cardstock - X5954
February Stamp of the Month - Family Legacy
Espresso Ink - Z2829


Now it is time to hop over to Colleen Dewis' blog to see what she is sharing!


Comments

  1. Your collection of pages is just outstanding. Thanks for sharing such amazing artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are stunning. I plan to play with Extended Story soon, as I love the looks and concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder