She Believed......

Throughout this year's convention, the story of the Jeanette's struggles and successes through the years to make Close To My Heart the wonderful company that it is today were shared.  We learned how she started out as single mother making rubber stamps in her garage.  We learned that when Jeanette set out to accomplish something - she will!  Jeanette is a woman of faith and family.  She cares deeply for this company that is very 'close to her heart'.

On the last day of convention, there was a Question and Answer session with Jeanette.  She is very open and honest and also one very funny lady!  This is always one of my most favorite times of convention.   Before convention, consultants were asked to submit questions.  If your question is asked at convention you will get a special stamp set.   I was one of the lucky people to have my question asked.   After the session was over I went to retrieve my stamp.  When I opened it up and read it, I actually teared up.   I know the stamp represented Jeanette's story of her success but it really spoke to me at that moment.  I felt like that little stamp was meant for just me.

When I got home, I knew I wanted to create something special.  A reminder that I can accomplish my dreams too.  This will be my motto throughout this year.  



I painted one of our My Creations 6x6 Canvas Displays white.  The frame is cut from Black glitter paper (Z1829) with our new Artbooking cricut cartridge ("f"<photo mat2>). I stamped the sentiment with Black Pigment ink.  The band of fabric is For Always Textiles (Z1820) and Sparkles Black Flourishes (Z1745) added the perfect touch.

I have this displayed prominently in my scraproom so that I can see it when I'm in there working. 

Thank you Jeanette for being such a wonderful role model and inspiration in my life!


Comments

  1. What a beautiful stamp. And you created a great frame to display it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! What was your question for Jeanete?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My question was: What is your favorite ride at Disney World. Jeanette's answer Splash Mountain - which also included a very funny story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder