December SOTM Blog Hop - Happiness Never Grows Old


Welcome to our December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  In this blog hop we are featuring Happiness Never Grows Old. This set includes 11 images.  If you arrived here from Michelle Stewart’sBlog you are on the right track.  This hop is a big circle.  Just look for the next blog link at the bottom of my post.  If you are just getting started on the hop, when you get back to me you will know you have completed the circle!  If you get lost along the way, you can find the entire list of hoppers HERE


I decided that I wanted to feature our Color of the Year, Blue Belle.  I used tone on tone stamping for the Blue Belle cardstock creating a pattern of roses in Blue Belle ink.  The strip of pink paper is from our current Mix In Paper pack from the November/December catalog.  


I trimmed the Blue Belle shimmer trim to 1/8" to use.  I felt like 1/2" was too wide.  Trimming the shimmer trim down narrower is easy!  Just remove the backing and stick it to your trimmer.  It will stay in place as you cut it.  

I stamped the large flower onto the card base and lightly brushed on blue belle color using a waterbrush and ink from the Blue Belle ink pad lid.  I stamped the large flower and a couple of leaves again on white daisy cardstock.  I also 'painted' these with the Blue Belle ink and waterbrush.  The hand trimmed flowers and the leaves were added with 3D foam tape on top of the flowers that were stamped on the card.   I used Thin foam dots under the two leaves.  Using two different depths of foam adds an interesting dimension.

The sentiment was Silver embossed.  Finishing touches are Blue Belle Glitter Gems and Silver Embellishing Thread.

Here are all of the products I used on this card:
Happiness Never Grows Old - December Stamp of the Month
White Cards & Envelopes - X254
White Daisy Cardstock - 1385
Blue Belle Cardstock - X6048
Mix In Paper - 9021
Blue Belle Exclusive Ink - Z6519
Blue Belle Shimmer Trim - Z3800
Blue Belle Glitter Gems - Z7001
Clear Shimmer Brush - Z3293
Medium Waterbrush - Z3225
Silver Embellishing Thread - Z4213
Silver Embossing Powder - Z2067
VersMark Ink Pad - Z891
Heat Tool - Z4252
3D Foam Tape - Z2060
Thin Foam Dots - Z3341

If you are a VIP Customer, you can get this stamp for FREE with a $50 purchase!
Not a VIP Customer?  You can get it for just $5 with a $50 purchase!
This stamp will ONLY be available through December!
Shop my website at:  www.stampinheaven.ctmh.com

Now it is time to hop over to Krista Hershberger's Blog!


Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love your use of Blue Belle. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The tone-on-tone is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - love the raised flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those flowers are gorgeous and I love the subtle Blue Belle shimmer trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details you used on this card!! While it's beautiful here ;) ...I'm sure it's even MORE pretty with the shimmer trim, embossing & embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! So many wonderful details: love the monochromatic layered flower, random stamping, silver embossed sentiment, plus all the other details adding up to a really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choice of colors and design! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and the way you have put it together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal