Mojo Monday #181

This week's Mojo Monday Challenge was just that for me.... a Challenge.   The design was angles, circles, different patterns, you name it and it was there!   I had been working with April's Stamp of the Month - Blessed and the new Miracle Level 2 Paper all weekend.   On Sunday night I was playing around with one of the stamps thinking about doing a circle card.   I stamped the bird image a few times before finally getting something that I was happy with.   It was late so I set the image aside to finish something the following day.   When the Mojo Monday Challenge was posted the next morning I knew I had a starting point with my stamped bird!  So I began creating my card around the bird!  I was excited to get to use the Kraft Color Ready Borders with this card.  I matted the bird with our new Kraft cardstock.   I actually used my corner round (with the guard removed) to turn the plain circle into a scallop circle!

Here is the Mojo Design:
                      

Here is my Mojo Monday #181 entry!


The flourishes are our new Irresistables Villa Chipboard Die-cuts.   The ribbon flower is my first attempt at making a flower from ribbon.   I just threaded one side of the ribbon and pulled it, then wrapped it around and stitched the bottom together.   I added a little pearl to the center.    I need to do this a few more times to perfect it I think.    Here is a closer view that shows the scattered pearls and also the chipboard flourishes.   I inked the chipboard flourished with a sponge dauber.


Recipe:
Miracle Level 2 Paper (X7133B)
Kraft Cardstock (Z1375)
Olive Cardstock (1245)
Colonial White Cardstock (1388)
My Acrylix Stamp - Blessed (Available in April)
Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems (Z1336)
Irresistables Villa Chipboard Die-cuts (Z1390)
Kraft Color Ready Borders  (Z1377)
Desert Sand Ink (Z2118)
Olive Ink (Z2137)
Corner Rounder (Z578)
Sponge Daubers (Z726)
Designer Ribbon Round Colonial White Collection (Z1126)

You can see ALL the Mojo Monday entries by clicking on the Mojo Badge to the right.  
Hope you enjoyed the card!

Comments

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the pearls! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Gina - that bird is so sweet!
    ~Jacqueline
    Made by Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the flourish & that serene image :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder