Album In a Day - PML Style


If you are reading my post, the chances are you are already a scrapbooker or at least you are in the paper crafting world and know the importance of scrapbooking.   There is more to scrapbooking than just making 'pretty' pages.  Scrapbooking is a documentation of life.  Your life.... your family's life. It's a documentation of things you love, events your want to remember and maybe even things that are painful or healing.  If you took a photograph, it was likely because you wanted to remember it.

Not too long ago, I was visiting my grandma.  One of the things we love to do is look through old photos.  We are fortunate that my grandma is still with us and she can usually answer questions we have about who is is the photo or what the event was that the photo was taken at.  But that will not always be the case.  Photo taking way back then (early 1900's) was probably a some what of a luxury. Today, the ease of taking photos with our cell phones and digital cameras has now lead to us having hundreds and thousands of photos.  Many of these photos end up either on our computers or if we are 'good' we'll get them printed and file them away in a box that holds hundreds of photos.

When I talk to many people that do not scrapbook there are usually 3 main reasons they give for not creating a documentation of their photos:

  1. Time..... they just don't have the time.   Yes, I get it.  Usually creating a nice 2 page layout takes about an hour.  Even if you are no frills scrapbooker, it would still take about 30 minutes to create two pages.   Scrapbooking just one event might take hours.  I get it.  
  2. They are so behind already they wouldn't know where to start.  Just thinking about it overwhelms them.  Yes, I understand that too!  I have been there.  When I started scrapbooking my kids were already 6 and 11.  I thought it was too late because going back 11 years was so overwhelming.   I finally said to myself it was OK.  The first thing I scrapbooked was the most recent vacation we had taken.  Then I went on from there.   
  3. Too much stuff.   They felt they would have to make a huge investment to purchase a bunch of stuff they might not ever use much! 
Finally, there is an answer to all of these excuses!  It's time to get those photos out of the box or off your computer!  On, Saturday, May 2 I'm going to hold an event that will help you do this!  Here are the details about the event:

ALBUM IN A DAY - PML STYLE!
Saturday, May 2 - 9am - 4pm

At this event, I will show you how to create beautiful pages to show off all of those photos you've been storing in a box.  We will be using Close To My Heart's popular Picture My Life A La Carte Kits.   This new way of scrapbooking has taken the industry by store.  It fits into everyone's busy lifestyle and it does not require a ton of scrapbooking tools and supplies.   Not only is this great for the non-scrapbookers, it is great for the experienced traditional scrapbookers as well.  These pages can be easily incorporated in among your traditional pages as well!  When you come to this event, you will receive an Album In a Day Kit.  

The Kit will consists of:
Your Choice PML Kit
Your Choice 3 Ring Album
2 Packs of Variety Pack Page Protectors (20 total)
3 sheets of Color Cardstock (will coordinate with your PML Kit)
2 sheets of either White or Colonial White Cardstock
1 Package of Silver Sequin
3 4x6 Flip Flaps
3 3x4 Flip Flaps
Marvy Uchida LePen Journaling Pen

Total Cost of Kit - $95 

When you register and pre-pay you will choose your kit and your album.

You could potentially go home with 40 completed pages!! 

What you would need to bring:
Pictures - and LOTS of them (100-150).  Bring the box! 
Scissors
Adhesive
Pop Dots/ Foam Tape
Corner Rounder (I will have one to share if you do not have one)
Paper Trimmer (I will have one to share if you do not have one)

We will begin at 9am and break for lunch around noon.  I will provide drinks and snacks but lunch will be on your own.  After lunch when we get back together we will have a 'PML card swap' for anyone that wants to participate. Also, during the event, I will have on-hand some 'extra' fun things for you to add to your pages.  

**BONUS GIFT**
I will have a special BONUS GIFT for anyone that brings NEW TO ME customer to this event! So.... I'm encouraging any of my regular customers to share this event with everyone they know! When the NEW person signs up and pre-pays you will get a bonus gift when you come to to the event!

SPACE IS LIMITED SO RSVP AND PAY SOON!!  
EVENT REGISTRATION CLOSES ON APRIL 14TH.  

Contact me today to sign up!
EMAIL:  gmbscrapper@comcast.net





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder