Mayberry - So SWEET!

What helps to make a cold rainy day better?  Get out your favorite paper and do some crafting!  I needed to design a fun card for an upcoming private workshop that I will be doing so I pulled out the Mayberry paper and went to work.   I have the cutest stamp set called You're Sweet that I purchased last summer.  I had yet to use it so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.   I got out my Wishes book and found a card design called File Folder that I thought would be fun to use our new scallop punch with.

I have to admit, as this card was coming together, I got more and more excited.   If you were at my house and in another room you would wonder what those little squeaks and squeals were about.  I can't help it.... I emit little noises when I really like what I'm creating.    When I was finished, I had to show it off.   I 'skipped' (not really) to the family room where my husband was watching TV (Probably basketball) and said "Isn't this cute???".    He barely turned his head my way and gave me this long look and said in his best Eeyore voice, "What is it?" (insert major eye rolling from me here).    So, to get the gratification that I searching for (and should have done in the first place) I took a picture with my phone and sent it to one of my best scrapping buds - Mandy of the Scrappity Doo-Da blog.   She immediately gave me the praise I was looking for.

Here is my card.   I put the reverse side of the Honey print paper on the inside of the card.  I used the scallop punch to punch out the front edge of the card to show the inside paper.

 
Hope you like it!!  I could have added ribbon and alot of embellishments but since it is for a workshop, I like to keep it fairly simple for those that might be new to scrapping and/stamping!

Oh and BTW - if you don't have someone that can provide you with adequate praise for your creations, just shoot me an email and I'll be there with all the scrappin' praise you need!  :)

Have a great week!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal