Stars Shine Bright Postcard Challenge

The Close To My Heart Convention is coming up in July and takes place in Dallas, Texas.  This will be my third convention.  I love attending convention because the excitement is so electric!  Each convention, I look forward to seeing all my sister consultants that I have formed close bonds with.  There is nothing like it.  I'm so excited about it, I've got a little countdown badge over to the right!  Plus I'll be teaching this year! YEE HAW! - Even MORE excited about that!

Corporate sent out postcard reminders to all consultants to remember to sign up for convention.  Then they challenged us to use that postcard to make a layout!  I had pinned mine to my bulletin board and then got busy and forgot all about creating a layout.   Yesterday, another consultant posted her layout (which was awesome by the way) and I started thinking I really should try to do something.


Last night I had one of those moments ..... where an idea just comes to you.   I couldn't wait to get in my scraproom and put the idea on paper.   And I knew JUST the paper I wanted to use!  This piece from the Dotty For You paper collection of Sunset shapes was perfect!  I used a strip of Lagoon dotted paper from one of the other pieces in the pack.  PERFECT!

Picture to the Left - My first convention in Washington, DC
Picture to the Right - ME- getting ready to teach at my Open House
I used Buttercup and Cocoa cardstock to cut out my stars using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge of course.  The stars are layered using foam tape. Each year at convention we see so many new products unveiled, it takes your breath away trying to soak it all in.  I put a lasso (made from our Natural Hemp (Z280)) around a couple of stars because this is how I will feel at convention..  I will want to get my hands on all the new products quickly and since our convention is in Dallas I thought  "Lasso around  the Stars" was appropriate!    To finish off the page I added Pewter Badge Buttons (Z1704).  These are adhesive back and make it very easy to apply to your pages.

closer view of stars and Lasso

The Dotty For You paper is our special paper celebrating National Scrapbooking Month in May.  But you can order your pack as early as April 17. (That is next TUESDAY).  And the best deal of all - just place a $35 order of Close To My Heart products and you get this paper pack (24 sheets - 2 each of 12 designs) for ONLY $5!!   How Awesome is that?  To see more about the Dotty For You check out my special tab at the top of this page HERE.
Be sure to come back to my blog next Tuesday, April 17 and join in on the Dotty For You Blog Hop fun!  You see lots of ideas for this paper pack by over 40 Close To My Heart Consultants!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder