Dotty For You Flower!

            If you are looking for the Dotty For You Blog Hop, 
                                        you can find it HERE.

My dear sweet grandma had a minor stroke on Saturday.  My grandma, who is a very fiesty 94 years young (almost 95) has not let that stop her!  The stroke left her with little use of her right arm and left leg (very unusual - but she is not your usual Grandma!).  By Sunday morning she was complaining that "All this deal, test, and stuff was making her miss her breakfast and that she wanted some bacon and eggs and a cup of coffee!”.  She promptly got her breakfast and ate every bit!


On Tuesday, she was moved to Rehab but before she left they had her up and walking with a walker! Go GRANDMA!  She'll be walking out of there in a week's time I bet.


Here she is with the basket of flowers my sisters and I sent to her.  Isn't she the cutest?


I wanted to make a cheerful card to send to her to let her know that I was thinking of her and praying for a fast recovery.   I pulled out my Dotty For You paper and chose the piece with great big circles on it. I cut out some of the circles for a design I had in my head but couldn't get the circles to work the way I wanted.  I ended up with something completely different!  The circles just kind of pulled themselves together to form a big flower!  I cut the green circle in half to form the leaves.

  
The H2H challenge this week was to add a bit of stitching so I hand stitched the yellow twine onto the center of the flower.  (I was going to stitch each petal too but by hand that was just a little too much for me! haha)  It was getting late and I sure didn't want to pull out my sewing machine.  That might have prompted my family to think I up for doing some mending!


I cut out a couple of butterflies from one of the other pieces of my Dotty For You paper.  Look! There is a stitch on each butterfly that looks real! That is what I love about this Dotty For You paper, it looks layered and dimensional but take a second look, it is only printed!


I added some Opaque Pearls to the center of my flower to finish my project.


My sentiments "Just a note to Brighten your day" is from the set Card Chatter - Sympathy (D1476).  Inside the card it says "And Chase the Clouds Away".  


Twine is from Baker's Twine Paradise Assortment (Z1702) and the pearls are from the Opaque Pearls Adhesive Gems (Z1336).


If you want to see more with the Dotty For You Paper Pack check out these posts:
Birthday Wishes 5x7 Card - Clean & Simple
A 6x6 Card - Sunday Sketch
Appreciation 5x7 Card - Appreciation
Western Theme 1 Page Layout - Stars Shine Bright


Still want more? Check out this post that will start you on a fun journey through 38 CTMH consultant blogs and lots of GREAT artwork!  One Page Layout & 3 1/2 x 8 Card - Dotty For You Blog Hop


Order the Dotty For You paper today for just $5 
when you spend $35 in Close To My Heart Products!
Start ordering HERE!

Comments

  1. I love the design of your card! It's wonderful when it ends up taking on a life of it's own and you end up with a creation you never could have planned!

    The stitching adds a nice dimensional touch to the card. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you have such a cute Grandma. I hope she feels better soon. Thanks for sharing your adorable card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I love how the yellow center "pops".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina -

    Your card is super cute and I'm sure it brightened your Grandma's day. Best wishes for a fast recovery for her. She sounds like a real live wire and must have been a wonderful Grandma when you were little!

    Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges!

    Paige - DT
    www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome use of that paper... I've been trying to decide how to use it... great idea and really nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal