Later Sk8r - Another Sneak Peek with a Birthday Card!

It's been a few days since I've posted because I actually haven't been in my craft room.  I told myself that I HAD to get all my tax stuff together before I could return and play.   It was a daunting task that took me two days but by Saturday afternoon I was back in my favorite room!

After finishing up some upcoming Stamp of the Month projects (to be revealed on Feb 1) I pulled out another new paper pack to play with.   This time it's Later Sk8r (X7167B).   Although I don't have any boys to be scrapping I do LOVE this paper and I can absolutely make it work for my needs because I love the patterns and colors used.   I went back to the Seize the Birthday challenge for this card I made because this week they are making BOY birthday cards.   The sketch is same as last week - you can see the GIRL birthday card I made with Chantilly paper HERE.

I used Slate cardstock as my background but I added some texture to it by using the background stamp that is included in the Later Sk8r Workshop On The Go (G1057) kit.  I stamped it in Outdoor Denim ink. To give my card a 'rugged boy' feel, I scissor distressed the edges of the papers and cardstock. My frame is also stamped in Outdoor Denim ink with our new Perfect Fit - Frames 2 (D1536) stamp set.  It coordinates perfectly with the Artiste Cartridge.  Next, I used another new stamp set - Perfect Fit Birthday (B1417) and Slate Ink to layer on top of the frame.   I added Pewter Brads and a Pewter Photo clip from the Mini Medley Accents - Pewter collection (Z1487) to finish off the card.

Here is the sketch I used for my card:


I'm also entering this card into the Friday Mashup Challenge - Make a Birthday cards and add brads!

Later Sk8r, Perfect Fit Frames 2 and Perfect Fit Birthday will all be available February 1.  Want to see ALL the new products?   If you live local to me, be sure to save February 16 on your calendar!  I'm having my annual Open House to introduce the new Spring Summer Idea Book!  Watch for more info!

Not local? You can still see all the new products by purchasing the new Spring Summer Idea Book now!  For just $5 I will mail you the new Idea Book.  I will include a Petite Perk stamp as a Thank You for ordering!

2013 SPRING SUMMER IDEA BOOK

$5.00

Comments

  1. Cool papers! Perfect for a young man! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect boy card! I love all the hardware you used too. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great papers and I love the colors! This is a great masculine card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the different textures and the metal embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cam out great.. Perfect for a guy Birthday! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder