Age is just a number...

Do you remember the first stamp you bought?  I do, and I still have it!  It actually wasn't the first stamp I ever bought but it was the first Close To My Heart stamp I bought!  I had just joined Close To My Heart as a consultant and the new 2006 Summer Idea Books had come out.   This stamp immediately caught my eye.  I couldn't wait to get it!   The name of this stamp is Do Nothing.  This set was exactly what I wanted to be doing - sitting in the sun and reading a book.  It was so me.  (Although who has time to do this anymore?!)

Every year when I go through my stamps to purge used stamp sets to put in my Clearance stash, I always pull this one out and put it back.  It is one that I will always keep - even if I don't use it much.

I needed to make another Birthday card and I wanted to use the Surf's Up paper (or what I have left of it!) for a July Birthday card.  Then I remembered this stamp - PERFECT!   So I set to work last night creating this card.   The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches.   The Birthday sentiment is from Just A Number (D1514).  Inside the card it says "yours will remain unlisted".



Recipe:  5x7 Card
Surf's Up Paper Pack - X7168B
Surf's Up Assortment - Z1841
Do Nothing D1143 - Retired
Just a Number - D1514
Chocolate Pigment Ink
Sorbet Alcohol Markers - Z2407
Lagoon Alcohol Markers - Z2412
Crystal Blue Alcohol Markers - Z2401
Vanilla Cream Marker (RETIRED) - skin tone
Saddle Ink Pad (Z2171) and Blending pen (3174) - Hair color

Also entering this card into Seize The Birthday Challenge


Comments

  1. Great image Gina! The rosette is a great touch too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the pretty rosette! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal