Family Heritage Part 2 - Memory Showcase Album

Today is part two of my Family Heritage Spotlight on Art that was featured on Jeanette Lynton's blog.  On Friday, I shared the one page layout I created of my Great Grandparents.  If you missed it, you can see it HERE.

Today I'm sharing the 6x6 Memory Showcase Album I created featuring my Mother's parents and grandparents and great grandparents!   I used the Avonlea paper pack (X7155B) for the pages in my book.   I love the 6x6 Memory Showcase Albums.  Creating beautiful pages are quick and easy especially when you have compliments such as the Velvet Parlor Rub-ons (Z1742).

For the front of my book I used the stamp set "Family Tree" (D1526).   I stamped the tree with Chocolate ink onto a 4 1/2" doily in Avonlea White Cardstock.  I used Artiste Cartridge "1" <Accent3> Key.  Next, I cut simple circle in the Chocolate cardstock at 5".

Here is a close up the doily.  A paper piercer and small 'pokes' around the inside edge of the doily give a faux stitching look.

"My Family Tree" is stamped on an image cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge and adorned with one of the adhesive backed Brocade Assortment accents (Z1748).

Before adhering my paper to the front and back of the book, I glued a 12" piece of Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon (Z1802) across the front and back.  Then I glued the paper on top of the ribbon.  This makes a nice tie closure for the book.


Page 1 and 2.  This is a picture of my Mother's Great Grandparents on her Mother's side.  I used a journaling pocket on page one.  This is a great place to add all the names of the family members along with the date.  Another brocade accent adds a nice touch to the pocket.  On Page 2, I used a Parlor Velvet Rub-on to accent the page and picture adding a few Mocha Adhesive Gems.



Page 3 & 4.   These are pictures of my Mother's Grandparents (page 3) and my Mother and her family (Page 4).  I used more Velvet Parlor Rub-ons on these pages.   I rubbed the velvet flowers right onto the Avonlea Teal cardstock and cut them out.   Again, I added Mocha Adhesive Gems to accent the flowers.  Then I stamped the borders on the name plates with stamps from the Family Tree set.  Coordinating shapes were cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.






Page 5 & 6.  My Mother's grandparents on her Father's side (Left page).  On the right, is a picture of her parents when they were first married.  These old photographs had a yellowish tint to them and I thought they looked great with this piece of paper from the Avonlea paper pack.  The border at the top of the pages is one of the zip strips centered on Slate Cardstock.  My banners are more Velvet Parlor Rub-ons. 


I left the back of the book fairly simple so that it could lay flat.  I really like the sentiment that comes with the Family Tree stamp set - "Families fill our lives with happiness and laughter, leaving us memories to treasure today and forever after".   The words on the left and right sides of the page are cut from one of the zip strips.  They are PERFECT for the theme of my book.


These 6x6 Memory Showcase Albums (Z1195) make a lovely gift that is very quick and easy to put together. These little albums are only $3.95!  Add a paper pack, compliments and just a few accents and you will have a nice gift for under $20 or less! One paper pack goes a long way with these little books so you could easily create 2 Memory Showcase Albums!

Thanks for stopping by!!  HAPPY CREATING!

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Congrats on being featured on Jeanette's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning!! Maureen
    Somethingtoscrapabout-maureen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder