Convention Bound!!

Today, I'm off to my 4th Close To My Heart Convention!  I knew after attending my very first convention in Washington, DC in 2010 that I would never want to miss another one!  In 2011, I went to Disneyland in California and last year I attended the convention in Dallas, TX.  This year it's off to Disney WORLD in Orlando Flordia!!

I will be staying at the Coronado Springs Resort.....

I can't wait for all the excitement to begin.  The first General Session is always electric with anticipation of the new product announcements.  There will be much laughter, squealing, cheering and LOTS of giveaways!  

It is a tradition to make (or purchase) roomie gifts for the ladies you room with.  Last year I roomed with 3 other ladies but this year it is just me and my friend Heather.  I've had an idea for several weeks now what I wanted to do but didn't get a chance to finally sit down and do it until Sunday afternoon.  


For Heather's wall hanging I used a page from the now retired All Sorts Mini Album.  I covered it with For Always paper.  Then I created some chalkboard art for the center on black cardstock. I used various stamps sets - "Success", "Create" and "Inspire" were all from an exclusive stampset that consultants attending the 2011 CTMH Convention received.  "Live" and "Laugh" were created from alphabet stamps (Extreme and Bingo - both retired) and "Dream" was from the set Dreams Come True, also retired.

I added a fabric ruffle to the bottom with the For Always Textiles (Z1820). The ribbon hanger is from the Black Tulle (Z1798) with Rhinestone Designer Brads for accents. 

My last little project on my To Do List was to create some Mickey Ears!  I'll be attending a huge Scattered Hearts team meeting on Wednesday night led by Tina Sutton.   These are always fun!  We will create a little project and Tina always has lots of giveaways.  She's having a contest for Mickey Ears.  There are 4 categories that can win....
- Most Unique
- Most Creative
- Has the Most CTMH Spirit
- Best Overall- The Queen Of The Ears

Here are my ears.....

They seem rather large but hey - maybe they will get noticed.  I used the polka dot For Always Textiles to make a ruffle.  I sewed a red zigzag on the edge. (yes - in another life I used to sew.... haha)  I cut a scallop circle with the Art Philosphy cricut cartridge to cover up the raw edges of the ruffle.   Next, I cut a bow from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge and of course - added bling....more Rhinestone Designer Brads.

Be sure to stay tuned!  I'll be posting from convention.  For more up to date postings - be sure to "LIKE" from Stampinheaven Facebook page!  I'll be posting updates there as much as possible.  (Blogging will be saved for night when I have a chance to calm down before bedtime!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal