Be Still...... A Sympathy Card

It seems like all too often these days someone close is called home to be with the Lord.  So, lately I've been making a few sympathy cards - not always an easy task.   I wanted to share this Sympathy card I made for a friend who's father recently passed away.

I chose to use the Buzz and Bumble paper for this card because before he had passed, my friend was telling me how he loved to keep bees.  She told me about the days when she was small and she would help turn the crank that would spin the hives to extract the honey.  I could tell she had a lot of memories of that.  Even weeks before he passed, she told me he still went out to take care of his bees.


"Be Still and Know that I am God" is perfect for this card.  It comes from one of my most favorite stamps - Be Still (A1141).  Bees are fascinating - just a small part of this amazing world of nature that God created.  When you stop and take a moment to "Be Still", and take a look at the smallest thing you will know that God is around us everywhere.

Inside the card, I used another sentiment inside from the Words of Comfort stamp set (C1524).  "May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow".
Words of Comfort C1524

These are two must have stamps for any cardmaker's collection.  Both of these stamps can be purchased on my website at www.stampinheaven.ctmh.com.

The sketch is from Sweet Sunday Sketches #185


Recipe - 5 x 7 Card
Buzz and Bumble Paper (X7164B)
Be Still (A1141)
Words of Comfort (C1524)
Cocoa Ink
Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems (Z1333)
Art Philosophy Cricut
Cocoa satin ribbon (retired)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal