Celebrate Today with Laughing Lola

Today is my sister's birthday!  I had just the sketch I wanted to use for her card!  This sketch comes from Mojo Monday.  It's been a while since I've got to play along with Mojo Monday (or any other challenge actually!).  I've so many other priorities taking up all my time.


I selected the Laughing Lola (X7170B) paper because it seems to reflect Kathie's style so well.  The card base is set upon Laughing Lola purple cardstock (exclusive color to this paper pack) layered on Black Cardstock.   The card measures 7 x 5.  The sentiment is from the Hostess Exclusive set - The Party Is On (C1568).  I love this stamp set.  It is available ONLY to Hostess so one must host a gathering to get it!  I stamped this onto a shape I cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.    

I used Black Shimmer Trim (Z1809) for one of the banners at the top.  The leopard print banner is from one of the zip strips from the Laughing Lola paper.  The middle banner is from one of theLaughing Lola pattern papers.

The amount of white space seemed to be too much so I used the background splatter stamp from the Laughing Lola Workshop On the Go Kit (G1065) to add a pattern.  I first inked the stamp in Lagoon Ink and then rolled it in Black ink.  I used the 2nd generation stamping technique to stamp onto my shape.  I think this was just enough to add a little something but not take away from the sentiment.                                    I created a sequin embellishment using the sequin ribbon from the Mini Medley Black Collection (Z1862) and a Base & Bling Adhesive Dot (Z1903).   I wound the sequin ribbon around the adhesive dot staring in the middle and wrapped the end under the base.  (Another great use for the Base & Bling Adhesive!)  I added a glitter button to the center and scattered some sequin dots around the card.

Here is the Mojo Monday Sketch I used for this card:
                                                     

Thanks for stopping by!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal