Congrats to My Nephew!

Wow.... my blogging has been a little lagging lately.  I haven't spent much time in my craft room lately - mainly due to 2 reasons..  1) Lack of mojo... 2) I've been spending more time at the gym!  Maybe reason #2 is the REASON for #1.   I set a weight goal to reach by June (actually by our next Close To My Heart Convention) and so that it isn't overwhelming, I set a MONTHLY goal. I'm happy to say, I'm on track to reach my goal for March.  When I get home I have all good intentions for getting some craft on but by the time I've showered and grabbed a bite of HEALTHY dinner, I seem to have trouble finding my mojo!

Well, this weekend I was inspired by some exciting new from my sister. My nephew, a senior at Louisville Ballard HS won several rewards for a Science Fair project he's been working on for quite some time.  He told us all about his project when they were here at Thanksgiving.   His project involves the use of Virtual Reality to train the mind with an actual motion simulator.  Details are really over my head but all I could think of when he was describing it was WOW.... and "WOW" is what he did at the Science Fair.  In May, he will be on his way to Los Angeles, California to enter the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.   So.... I really wanted to send Nick a card to let him know how proud I am!

I used the sketch from Freshly Mades Sketches (even though I missed the deadline to enter this challenge, I really liked this sketch!).   The colors were inspired by The Paper Players challenge. I used Slate, Twilight and Honey.


I thought the colors were great for a congrats to a guy.  I used the Striped Embossing Folder Z1960 on the Honey cardstock.   Most of the stamped Images are from All The Details (D1555) which coordinates with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartrige.  The little trophy stamp is from one of the sets that is included with the Artiste Cricut Cartridge Collection.    I thought the Slate Polka Dot Washi Z1817 was a good choice for the "ribbon" for this card.   The metal button accents are from the ProPlayer Assortment Z1879.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll try not to be away so long next time!

The Paper Players












Freshly Made Sketches:

Comments

  1. I love this layout and it looks great with the challenge colors, Gina. I also like how the pattern on the brads mirror the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, and congrats on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card for your nephew! These colors are perfect for a congratulatory card and I love how you've used the sketch....great job! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I loved reading your post because I can SO relate to you right now. I am also on a "fitness focus" and it is so awesome. Way to go for staying on track to meet your goal in March. Keep it up! You can do it!

    You card is so fun! Love how you incorporated the colors and the sketch together. The textured background is a fun touch. Thanks for playing along with my colors this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with your healthy eating and fitness regime! Your mojo will find it's way back, and will probably be stronger than ever :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal