A Spooky Crafting Adventure Challenge

Have you checked out the new Close To My Heart Blog?   I love it!  They have been posting some really great things - Recipes, Artwork, Home Decor, Party Planning, Contests and more!  If you aren't following it yet, just select the link above and be sure to sign up to get emails when they have new posts!  You won't want to miss them!

Today they posted a new contest/challenge - a Spooky Crafting Adventure.  They have a fun little story and as you select your answers it will eventually lead you to a crafty challenge.   My answers led me to Challenge #3.

"CREATIVE CHALLENGE 3: In honor of your intuitive password 
selection, create a card, layout, or other creation using each of the Close 
To My Heart colors that would comprise candycorn: Honey, Goldrush, 
and Colonial White."

Wow.....I have to say I'm a Candy Corn addict.  No wonder my answer lead me to this challenge!  I can't eat just one hand full.  I can eat handful after handful..... seriously!!  It's like CRACK - the only way I can stop is just not go to places that it is sold, and if I have to.... I have to steer clear of that area of the store.  (I have to admit..... I thought about Candy Corn all day and looked for excuses to run by a store and grab a bag.  I resisted though.)  Here is my Candy Corn Color Card!


I didn't realize until AFTER I finished my project that I didn't use their exact Candy Corn Colors! - Maybe the candy corn down here in Tennessee is a little brighter - I used Sunset, Canary and  White for my card.  You can see that I used Paper Fundamentals - Sunset is from the Adventure pack and Canary is from the Whimsy pack. 

I created this card using our new Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge using the Scene function.  I cut it twice - once on Sunset and again on Canary.  I trim the Canary down to offset it over the Sunset.  For my little banners in the left corner I flipped over a piece of the Canary Paper Fundamental and use the other side.  I paired this with the Sunset Washi Tape.   My final touch were the White Enamel stars.

Now it's your turn!!  Take the Spooky Crafting Adventure and join the Challenge!  They will be choosing 5 lucky winners!

Recipe:  5x7 Card
White Daisy Cardstock - 1385
Adventure Paper Fundamentals - Z2032
Whimsy Paper Fundamentals - Z2033
Sunset Chevron Washi Tape - Z2005
White Enamel Stars - Z2010
Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge - Z3017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder