Create Your Own Countdown to Christmas

This past weekend I was shopping with my daughter.  She now has her own place so we were browsing the Christmas aisles at Hobby Lobby looking for Christmas decorations.   We came upon a cute framed chalkboard with a countdown calendar on it.  I told her "Oh I could do that!" I still have my Design Decor Magnetic Chalkboard.  It was currently sitting in my craft room erased clean from my last project.

I couldn't wait to do this when I got home!  Here is my completed project and it didn't take that long!
Note that I used chalk because I like to change out what is on my board for my business.  But, if you want something that is permanent you might consider using our Chalk Marker (Z1767).  The chalk marker is not erasable and it would give you finer lines.


How do you like those squares?  Pretty straight too.  Let me tell you how I did it!  First, I created a template.  I used the Square<4> image from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  Using Design Space, I spaced the squares out evenly on my 12 x 12 grid.  I then cut them out to create my template. The inside of the frame is just under 12" wide so I had to trim 1/8" off the edge.  I then used painter's tape to tape the template down to hold it in place.  Using a piece of chalk, I traced around each square.  I free-handed the numbers.


I created a template for Merry Christmas using letters Art Philosophy again.  I centered this on my cutting mat in Design Space and then cut.  (I actually chalked all the squares first, and then I flipped the frame upside down to chalk "Merry Christmas" so that I would not smudge the squares)
  

My little marker is a corduroy flower from the Mini Medley Accents Ruby Collection on a magnet.  I had the magnet in my stash from a Michael's purchase a while back.  It is 3/4" in diameter.  Just perfect for the flower which is adhesive back.   What a fun project to share with your kids!  Order your Magnetic Chalkboard today so you will be ready December 1 to start your countdown!

Close To My Heart Products Used:

Designed Décor Red Magnetic Chalkboard Z2006

Mini-Medley Accents Ruby Collection Z1861

Optional:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder