A Sweet 16 Birthday


*** This card was chosen as Heart 2 Heart's TOP TEN in October!***

I've got SEVERAL birthday's in my family next month.  My daughter turns 17, but right behind her is my niece and my nephew who are both turning 16!  It has been fun seeing them grow up together.  It's hard to believe they are teenagers now. Each year at Thanksgiving, when our families gather together, we celebrate their birthdays. My niece's birthday is actually on Thanksgiving Day this year.

Two challenges this week helped me get my niece's birthday card made early!  First, the Heart 2 Heart (H2H) Challenge was to create a card using numbers. Then I found a great sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches by Theresa Winslow that I used for the card.
Here's the sketch:


Here's my card!

The paper is from the new Roxie Level 2 Paper pack (X7140B).  Don't you just LOVE the Zebra stripe? And girls love it too so this was the perfect paper to use for this card.  I used the Art Philosophy cricut to cut my "16" and the roses.   Then I added the bling with Clear Sparkles (Z1104)

Here's a close up view of the card:

Ok!  Got to go make more Birthday cards!  What do 16 year old BOYS like?

Comments

  1. Oh, what a cool sweet 16 card! I love this!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this rocks! What a totally cool card...going to have to CASE this one.... Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant sweet 16! I love that Roxie paper. Thanks for playing "by the numbers" at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I will try to remember this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your Sonoma cards! But when I got to this one from Roxie, it's definitely my favorite! I love how you did it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal