Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Live Laugh Love - A Fashion Inspiration

I LOVE green.  For as long as I can remember, my favorite color has always been green.  So when I saw the Fashion Inspiration over at Moxie Fab, I couldn't wait to play with it.  This week it is all about being inspired by objects around us!   The Fashion Inspiration picture is a green houndstooth jacket adorned by what looks to be a pewter broach.  


So how did I interpret this picture?

I like the houndstooth print and I think that Close To My Heart's Elemental (X7141B) paper was just perfect for my card.  I used one of Jeanette Lynton's sketches for this 5x7 card from the How To Book - Originals (9032).  The sketch is Mosaic Borders.  The broach on the jacket above inspired me to add pewter accents to my card so I used the small pewter buttons from the Mini Medley Accents - Pewter Collection (Z1487).  I pulled a piece of hemp through all three buttons and left the ends free.  The sentiment is from the Love Life stamp (D1482).  The flowers are from the set -  Unscripted (C1465).  I used 2nd generation stamping to fill the space around the sentiment.
Ink and cardstock colors are Olive.  

Close up of the card sentiment:

This was a fun break from my Christmas card frenzy!  I can't wait to try out the other Inspiration pictures this week over at Moxie Fab.  Be sure to check them out!  I'll be you'll be inspired too!

1 comment :

  1. Hey Gina! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Check out my Taste of Summer Pinterest Board!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...