Cardmaking Made Easy

I used to NEVER make cards.  My paper crafting abilities were pretty much limited to making scrapbook pages.   Why was it easier to make a 12x12 layout than a small card?  For some reason I was intimated by that small card that didn't even include a picture!  Yet every time I went to purchase a card I cringed at paying $3.75 - $4.50 for a card.  I would think to myself "With all those scraps I seem to hang onto, I could easily make a card for much less!"  I had all of these beautiful papers and embellishments from Close To Heart that would make beautiful cards.  I needed to be using them!

Then, Jeanette Lynton came to my rescue!   She introduced her first "How To" book for cardmaking called Originals.   The front cover alone will entice anyone to open it up and just breathe in the ideas.  The artwork in the book was enough to inspire even the least creative mind!  A couple of years later, Jeanette introduced us to her 2nd book, Wishes.   These are two of the best books I've seen on making cards of all sizes!  From small 3x3 gift cards to the 7x5 cards and even trendy circle cards!  Each book comes with a CD that includes templates for some of the card designs and templates for making envelopes.

Each book has 100 unique card designs that include blueprints, cutting dimensions and step by step  instructions.
                                          
Now I have NO excuse.   I have not purchased a single card since I bought my first Originals book!   When I need a creative break from layouts, I make a few cards.   And of course, with each Workshop kit I do, I make at least 3 cards from the kit instructions.   Now, when I need a card for a special occasion on short notice, I just go to my card box.

My card box is a My Acrylix Organizer (Z1038) that holds our My Acrylix stamp sets but it works perfectly for holding my cards.  I made subject dividers so that I can go right the cards I need!  One of these days I'll get around to covering the box and making it pretty but in the meantime it serves its purpose just right! 
Jeanette Lynton has some beautiful cards on her blog today using colors from the new Summer palette.  Be sure to check them out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder