Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  My mother spends her days working in her backyard which really needs to be referred to as a garden.  It's a beautiful labor of love. When you step into her backyard, you feel like you are stepping into the pages of a Southern Living or Better Homes & Garden magazine. Unfortunately, I did not get that green thumb from her.  My thumb is more of a 'inky' thumb. She loves hydrangeas so I really wanted to incorporate some on a Mother's day card for her. I used A Mother's Love (B1447) stamp set which is a special stamp set available only for our Hostess'.


The paper is from the Skylark paper pack.  I cut a decorative rectangle using the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge for a backdrop for the hydrangeas.  The stamp for the flowers is a two-step technique.   I stamped the base of the hydrangea in Sweet Leaf ink and the outline layer in Desert Sand in.   I tried several colors and colors combinations for the hydrangeas before I finally came up with a combination I liked.   I cut a piece of Skylark paper that had a washi image to use for my sentiment flag.   The pearls and ribbon are retired Close To My Heart products from my stash.

Stamp used:
A Mother's Love B1447

If you would like to get this stamp, be a hostess!  Ask me how!

I'm entering this card into Mojo Monday #344
                                                               

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
I hope you have a joyful day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal