A Tribute - Studio J

My last and final layout of the Studio J 5-pack that I have been working on is a tribute to my late Father-In-Law.   I created the layout before I knew what pictures I was going to use.  I really liked the colors and look of this layout.   The more I worked on the layout the more it reminded me of my Father-In-Law.  He LOVED to hunt and fish.  So I decided to make this layout a tribute to him!


The technique that I learned creating this layout is using ribbon tabs to make a pleated ribbon.  I placed a ribbon tab on the right page and rotated it 90 degrees.  Then I copied and pasted the tabs all across the page.  I love how the stitching makes it look like I sewed the pleated ribbon in place!

The text box on the right page has a stickease tag in it.  I rotated and enlarged the tag and cropped one end.  Next, I added another journaling box on top of the tag so that I could journal right onto the tag.   The strip across the star on the right page is actually a My Stickease Border.  It had words across the border.  I cropped the border down to the phrase that I wanted to keep - "Full of Life" and placed it across my star.

Working on my 5-pack layouts has been fun and I learned several new things! The things you can do in Studio J is endless!  I'd love to have a Studio J class for anyone that is interested locally!  If you are interested, let me know and I'll find us a time and place!

Want to know more about Studio J?   Visit my website HERE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder