Happy Place - March Stamp of the Month

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month we are featuring Happy Place, a set of 7 stamps. If you have come here from Melissa Laverty's Blog you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you'll find the complete list of participating consultant's HERE.




We have over 50 consultants participating in the blog! I know that I can't wait to see what fabulous projects everyone has to share!  Following the hop is easy- just click on the link at the bottom of each post and it will take you to the next blog!

Sometimes when I see a stamp set for the 1st time I know exactly what I want to do with it. I have to admit, that when I saw Happy Place for the very 1st time, my thought was.... "I have NO idea how I will use this one!". It was not until a saw a fabulous creation posted by Debi Davis did I know what I was going to do! Debi had the CUTEST little pop up surprise box that she created with February's Stamp of the Month - Wild About Love. When I saw her creation, I knew immediately that the March Stamp of the Month would be PERFECT for a Pop Up Surprise Box! So, this is what I'm sharing today with many many thanks to Debi!


I used Lollydoodle paper and Slate Cardstock to create my box. This folds up to be a 5x7 card. I tied a piece of Topiary Chevron Ribbon around the outside and attached a stamped heart with a glue dot. There is no need to untie the ribbon, when you open the card to create the box, the ribbon will stay in place and you can still see it under the flaps!



I wanted the dolls to have a layered look with their shawls, aprons and bonnets, so I stamped these onto different colors of cardstock with slate ink and cut them out. I adhered them to the dolls with glue dots. I colored the base of each doll and their hair with our Alcohol Markers using Sky, Pear, Cotton Candy and Buttercup.

For my hearts, I stamped them first with slate ink and then again in Cotton Candy and Sky. I cut just inside the dotted line of the Cotton Candy and Sky stamped hearts and adhered them on top of the Slate hearts. I used a glue dot to attach the heart to 1/4" x 2" strip of cardstock and then adhered them inside the box.




I had so much fun making this little pop up box that I'm offering it as a class to my customers! (Check out my Upcoming Events Calendar for more details)   Remember! You can get the Happy Place stamp for just $5 with a $50 purchase! Visit my website to get yours today!

Now it is time to hop over to Traci Godbee's Blog to see what she has created!


Comments

  1. Love it! I made a sample of Deb's card and now my ladies to make one as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pop-up. Looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp set to make this pop-up with! CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I need to jump on the band wagon, I've been seeing this pop up cards everywhere, and I must say this one is so super cute. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute. Stinking Cute. Now I have two favorite posts in this hop so far. Great job. I am so making this and sending it to my aunts for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I am so making one of these pop ups. Have the instructions, now to find the time. Thanks for posting this, it is a great combo of colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great, fun project! I can imagine the surprise when someone opens it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A work of love! Whoever receives this card will have their socks knocked off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

The Proposal