A Holly Jolly Christmas

Here is a card that I started yesterday morning and didn't finish until last night.   I found a sketch over at Unscripted Sketches that I wanted to use along with an inspiration photo from Inspired By to combine into one card.   I really struggled with this card and it actually morphed into the finished product after some trial and errors.   I couldn't believe I was struggling with what I thought would be an easy sketch!

Here is my finished product


To create this card, I cut 1" strips of Juniper, Sweet Leaf and Smoothie cardstock.  I adhered them to the card at an angle leaving a very small space of white in between each strip and overlapping the edges.  Once all the strips were attached, I trimmed them even to the card front.  I wanted to add shimmer to the card so I filled in each gap between the strips with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.  (I absolutely LOVE this stuff and it's retiring January 31! So you might want to grab some before it's gone!)  

Next, I added the sentiment which is from the stamp set that is exclusive to the Frosted WOTG Cardmaking Kit.  I still thought the card was sort of plain so I grabbed the snowflake stamp from the same stamp set and stamped some tone on tone snowflakes on each strip.  
I struggled with what I should use for the 3 circles in the sketch and finally decided I need silvery snowflakes.  I pulled out my Artiste Cricut Cartridge and cut three 1 1/4" snowflakes using the Shift- Accent 1-<Noel> key.  Finally, I was happy with the way my card turned out.  


Here are the challenges that were my inspiration for this card:

 Inspired By                      Unscripted Sketches
Sketch_232



I'm also entering this into Pile It On - Non Traditional Christmas #47

Don't forget about my Black Friday / Cyber Monday Special going now until December 2!


To get your FREE stamp from me, just place your qualifying order and then send an email with your choice of FREE stamp to gmscrapper@comcast.net. I will have the stamp sent right out to you!

Note - The Stamp of the Month and the qualifying *Star* item will be prompted to enter during your order entry if you qualify and will be sent with your order. Your FREE stamp from me will be sent separately.
Be sure to check out the Retiring Items!
Many products will be retiring at January 31, 2014 and will available only WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Get your favorites before they are gone FOREVER!
See Retiring Items HERE

See Holiday guide HERE

Start Shopping HERE!




Comments

  1. Beautiful card, the colors are perfect for the inspiration! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea to add the glitter gel in between the card stock strips! Thanks for playing along with the US sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just LOVE this card. The color combo is so fresh and fun! How clever to fill in the gaps, between the cardstock, with Glitter Gel. This card is so bright and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder