A Huntington Birthday for Someone Special

Today is my Mother In Law's Birthday.  I think the colors in this card are perfect for a November birthday.  As I was creating this card I thought about how Shelbie was really the one that started me on my road to creativity.   I kept a 'primitive' scrapbook in High School back in the 80's.  It was really before scrapbooking was popular - my album was from a Hallmark store!  After I got married and by the time my first daughter came along, Shelbie was trying her hand at about every kind of craft that was out there.

She encouraged me to start a scrapbook for Kirsti.  I remember cringing the first time I cut a picture with those decorative scissors.  Remember those? wow....  Shelbie usually had the 1st of whatever new innovative product came on the market.  She convinced my husband that I needed a cricut.  Thank goodness she did, now I don't know what I would do without one!  She always created the most beautiful cards and mini albums.   They were the kind that you could go back and look at over and over and usually find something you didn't notice the first time.  I will always aspire to get to that level of creativity.

So.... in my own humble creativity I created this one for her.  Happy Birthday Shelbie.



The card is based on the sketch from Retro Sketches.  I was excited to use one of the photo frame cuts from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  The stamped flowers are actually from a set that was exclusive to the For Always Workshop on the Go kit.  I thought the stamp looked almost identical to the flowers on the Huntington paper.   I stamped the flowers in Goldrush and then rolled them in Autumn Terracotta and Barn Red ink.

Here is the full recipe for this 5x7 card followed by the sketch I used from Retro Sketches.

Recipe:
Colonial White Cardstock
Huntington Paper - X7174B
Joyful Birthday - B1419
For Always WOTG Stamp (retired)
Mini Medley Rosewood Collection (Button) - Z1857
Natural Hemp - Z280
Sparkles Black & Grey Assortment - Z1754
Artbooking Cricut Cartridge - Z1906 (Shift+Photo Mat 1+"Just Chillin"  3 1/2")
Cocoa Ink
Goldrush Ink
Autumn Terracotta Ink
Barn Red Ink
Olive Ink

Retro Sketches #88



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder