Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!
Here in Middle Tennessee it has been a beautiful day!  Today my girls are doing one of my most dreaded chores for me..... going to the Grocery!  The past week has been very busy and I never had a chance to go.  Yesterday we drove to Kentucky to spend the day with my hubby's mother so Saturday grocery shopping was out.  That left today - and what Mother wants to go to the grocery on Mother's Day?!!  Certainly not me!   So, I gave them a list and sent them on their way.  awww... so nice.

I've still got to run by and see my mom. They've been gone this weekend visiting my grandma so that gave me an extra day to work on a card for my Mother.  My mom spends many hours working in her back yard and it is beautiful! So any card I usually create for my mom HAS to have flowers on it!

Here is a picture of my mom and my sisters in her backyard.


Here is the card I created

For this card I cut a large tag with the out of the Dream Pop cardstock with a 'lattice' resist design on it.  Then I pulled out one of my past favorite Stamps of the Month from May 2012 - Friendship Bouquet (no longer available).  I stamped the flowers with Slate pigment ink and then used Clear Detail Embossing to emboss.  The flowers are colored with Honey and Buttercup inks using a blending pen technique.   The center of the flowers are filled Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel.  Close To My Heart's bronze glitter paper makes an easy cut for my "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment with my Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  I layered the flowers, sentiment and ribbon on top of a White Daisy image also cut with the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.

Recipe - 5x7 Card
Mint Dream Pop cardstock tag - Artiste Cricut Cartridge (Bdaygirl<card> 5")
White Daisy rectangle shape - Artiste Cricut Cartridge (k<card>3")
Friendship Bouquet - May 2012 Stamp of the Month (no longer available)
Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - Z1617
Mocha Opaque Adhesive Gems - Z1333
Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel - Z1483
"Happy Mother's Day" - Brown and Tan Glitter Paper - Z1830 and Artiste Cricut Cartridge 1 3/4"
Blending Pen - 3174
Honey Ink - Z2162
Buttercup Ink - Z1271

I'm going to enter this card into two challenges -
Cut It Up Challenge #18 - Mother's Card
Dynamic Duos One Year Anniversary Celebration - Your choice of past duos.
I'm choosing these Dynamic Duos DD#2







Comments

  1. Very Beautiful!!!A wonderful photo.
    Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wonderful Mothers Day Card. The Friendship stamp set is one of my favorites this year. Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day.
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice of papers -- love that shimmery one! Your mom will love the flowers that you included to represent her garden. It's a beautiful card! Thanks for linking it to Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty. Love the sparkly centers of your flowers. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the flowers and pearls! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love all the bronze glitter yumminess!! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love all your fancy layers and the strip of ribbon. Great choice for the challenge colours - and great use of them as well! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week. (PS: Beautiful picture!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder