Congrats with Dream Pop

What a busy time of the year it is for me!  Graduation is coming up soon - May 18 to be exact.  Plus, in the midst of getting ready for that, we are in the middle of the High School District Softball tournament!  Rain came in Friday night and set in for the weekend so the games were cancelled on Saturday.  My first thought was "YEAH!  I'll spend all day Saturday in my scrap room and create! Nothing better to do on a rainy day!".  Or so I thought....  I ended up spending ALL DAY Saturday shopping with my daughter looking for the required "dark dress" that she needed to wear underneath her graduation gown.  So, we set out about 10:30 to look for a black dress.  Finding a black dress (or even a dark color dress) in May is not easy!   Most that we did find, looked better on the hanger than actually on!  Too long, too short, etc.  FINALLY about 3:30 that afternoon we found the dress.  By the time I got home, I was no longer in the mood to create.  I just wanted to rest my weary feet from all that shopping!

I finally got around to creating a card last night for a friend of ours whose son is graduating also.  I wanted to use the Dream Pop paper so I tried to focus on the orange color (his school color) and added black.



I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  At Friday Mashup the challenge was to make a graduation card and use embossing.   The cardstock in the Dream Pop paper has a nice resist design so I pulled it together by adding embossing to my sentiments.  I used Black Pigment ink along with Clear Detail embossing powder to give it a nice shiny effect.   I tried to keep the accents to minimum since I wanted this to be a masculine card.

Recipe:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 White Daisy Card
Dream Pop Paper - Available only during May!
Stamp: Congrats Grad - A1139
Black Baker's Twine - Neutral Assortment - Z1701
Opaque Licorice Adhesive Gems - Z13335
Black Pigment Ink - Basic Assortment - Z2503
Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Z821




Remember!!!  Our Dream Pop paper is available ONLY during the Month of May!  When you purchase $35 in current Close To My Heart products, you get the Dream Pop paper for just $10!  It's an awesome deal!   This paper is so popular it is flying off the shelfs!  Get it before it's gone!

For more details on the Dream Pop paper see my DREAM POP SPECIAL tab.
Start shopping here!

Comments

  1. What a great graduation card! I love the dsp, and the black accents. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Great job! I love the paper/colors - so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, love the fun colors!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun strips of colors! Love the text at the end of the flag and the "graduate" font! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fun and colourful card! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Close to My Heart Christmas Card Blog Hop

Just for Fun Blog Hop

Mystery Hostess Announced and an Artiste Gift Card Holder